Author Topic: Keeping all tracks on a CD together in Music Bee.  (Read 1837 times)

[email protected]

I like to keep all tracks of a CD together in music Bee. This means all the cuts in one CD must have the same "
Artist" name. This is tough with say, Tony Bennett's Duet CD that has a different artist name for each of the 19 tracks because the guest artist is listed along with Tony's name. So these titles would be all over the place in Music Bee. Is there any way to cure this problem and still list the guest artists?

Steven

• Administrator

[email protected]

Not sure I understand, go ahead and list the main artist and the duet artists? Can you explain what you mean, I'm a newbie with Music Bee.
I love it by the way, especially after a decade with the destructive nature of iTunes for Windows. Arghhh.

smann

He's saying to put just "Tony Bennett" as the album artist for all tracks and sort by album artist instead of artist, then you can list the artist as whatever you want.

A proper setup would be as follows...

Artist: Tony Bennett
Guest Artist: Whoever is the guest artist (You can get to guest artist, remixer, etc by clicking on the "..." in the artist field)
Album Artist: Tony Bennett for all the songs on the album

[email protected]

I am loading my entire Music Bee library from ripping my CDs. I don't seem to have all the choices you are describing in Music Bee's ripping frame. Is there any way to add say, "Guest Artist" when ripping? I don't see the "..." you are referring to when I'm just using your ripping
utility.
Thanks for your help!
Steve

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
You can set the album artist while ripping. Then you can manually adjust the artist, or use one of MusicBee's tagging tools to get more details.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest patches (3.5/3.6)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Mauser69

Another option to set the tags correctly is to right click on the album after the rip (make sure all tracks are included in the highlight), select Edit, and then set Album Artist.  To set the track artists different for each track, you need to edit each one separately,  Multiple artists can be entered for a track by separating them with semicolons.