Author Topic: Show two custom tags at the same time?  (Read 1927 times)

Kingyami

• Hi :)
So I created some custom tags to sort my music. My overall library consists of anime and video game soundtracks so the tags go like this:

Custom tag 1 - Anime
Custom tag 2 - Video game

In those tags I simply enter the name of the series to have the albums associated with those series be together. It helps things be organized. My question involves that left panel where it shows your songs in whatever grouping you select (folders, albums, custom tag, etc). I want to be able to show both anime and video game series on the panel rather than one or the other. Is there a way i can do that?

Here is an image to show what I mean

https://imgur.com/a/cCGgUKj

frankz

I'm not expert on virtual tags, but I think you can create one to show Anime and then, if Anime doesn't exist or is blank, show Video game.  Or the other way around.  Then select that as the tag to browse.

https://musicbee.fandom.com/wiki/Virtual_Tags
https://musicbee.fandom.com/wiki/Useful_Virtual_Tag_Formulas

It may be easier and less resource intensive, though, to just use genre for this.

Bizy

Hé Kingyami,

I (think I) understand whay you're trying to do, guess (!) it's impossible though (for now).
If I'm wrong, others will correct me.

Yet I think about these workarounds:

How about creating 2 custom tags:  'soundtrack' (for instance) and 'series' (fi).
Soundtrack, you use for anime or game.

Then, in music explorer, you can choose soundtrack in the thumbnail browser.
And in your main panel, you can right click on 'Artist information' and set 'soundtrack' as filter (of course, when 'show filter panel' is checked).  
Both 'anime' and 'game' will show up in the filter panel and you can easily navigate them.

Also, in your tabs, you can 'set displayed fields' and make 'soundtrack' (and/or 'series') visible.  
Depending on your sorting settings or manually, you can then also easily navigate them.

A few ideas, maybe (?) helpful.
Maybe you know all this - in that case, forgive me for 'mansplaining' you ;-)

Greetz, b.

PS:  I understand changing your tags could be kind of disencouraging.  Yet you can do that in the blink of an eye with the tagging tools of MB and/or the plugin from Boroda (with extra tagging tools).)
Last Edit: May 09, 2019, 12:16:53 AM by Bizy
Full installer Version 3_4_7805
Portable Editon 3_4_7805 P

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
So I created some custom tags to sort my music. My overall library consists of anime and video game soundtracks so the tags go like this:

Custom tag 1 - Anime
Custom tag 2 - Video game

In those tags I simply enter the name of the series to have the albums associated with those series be together. It helps things be organized. My question involves that left panel where it shows your songs in whatever grouping you select (folders, albums, custom tag, etc). I want to be able to show both anime and video game series on the panel rather than one or the other. Is there a way i can do that?

What frankz says about virtual tags should work, although unless you have tracks that would be tagged in both categories, maybe you should just combine them into one tag, like "Series" or "Source"? You'll save yourself a custom tag and a virtual tag slot. (Although maybe you're not running short on them as regularly as some of us, lol.)
Last Edit: May 08, 2019, 06:40:40 PM by psychoadept
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest patches (3.5/3.6)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

hiccup

I'm not expert on virtual tags, but I think you can create ...

Using a virtual tag with this formula could be a start:

$IsNull(<Anime>,,<Anime>)$IsNull(<Anime>,,$IsNull(<Video game>,," & "))$IsNull(<Video game>,,<Video game>)

Kingyami

I'm not expert on virtual tags, but I think you can create ...

Using a virtual tag with this formula could be a start:

$IsNull(<Anime>,,<Anime>)$IsNull(<Anime>,,$IsNull(<Video game>,," & "))$IsNull(<Video game>,,<Video game>)

Holy crap that worked. Now this is probably too much to ask, but how would i go about "separating" them? at the moment they are mixed together, what if i wanted Anime to show first then video games come after in the list?

hiccup

Maybe something like this?:

$IsNull(<Anime>,,A: <Anime>)$IsNull(<Anime>,,$IsNull(<Video game>,, & ))$IsNull(<Video game>,,V: <Video game>)

Bizy

Wow!  'Everything' IS possible!  :-O
Full installer Version 3_4_7805
Portable Editon 3_4_7805 P

Kingyami

Maybe something like this?:

$IsNull(<Anime>,,A: <Anime>)$IsNull(<Anime>,,$IsNull(<Video game>,, & ))$IsNull(<Video game>,,V: <Video game>)

Thanks, that worked. Thanks to everyone that helped I really appreciate. :)