Author Topic: ex.fm to shut down  (Read 2842 times)

Anti

Just a heads-up...
Just got an email saying ex.fm is going to shut down in the next few days.
So that part of the 'streaming' feature in AutoDJ will stop working.

Steven

• Administrator
thanks for the warning. Did they provide any link with the announcement? i cant see anything on their website

Steven

• Administrator
i have removed ex.fm from the next 2.4 update.
For the AutoDJ i am trying to use soundcloud in its place but the API i want to use is returning an error. If its permanently no longer active then that will only leave Jamendo for web streams

Anti

Loved it while it lasted. Ah well, that's life.

Steven

• Administrator
I have replaced ex.fm with tracks from soundcloud for the Auto DJ - from my brief testing its not up to the quality of ex.fm but others may have a better experience

http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V2_4/MusicBee_Exe_Patched.zip

Anti

I just got round to testing it. I mainly use the streaming feature for finding new music, so I have it
playing in the background whilst I'm working and investigate anything that sticks out from the rest.

The function itself performs well. I love the 'open with default browser' feature, so you can go to
the soundcloud page. Not sure if that was there before; I didn't notice it until now.

The sound quality is mostly fine (128k). If tracks sound dull and quiet it's because they're not studio produced.

With regards to the music I search for, only about 50% are bands that are signed or 'internet famous'.
The 'Bedroom Producers' can really throw up some surprises, though. The musicians on soundcloud
seem to be way more serious about their uploads than the people using jamendo.

On the whole, it's a really nice replacement for ex.fm. Thanks for working on it.