Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - peterrow

Pages: 1
Questions / New machine, Windows 11, metadata nightmare, any ideas?
« on: August 03, 2022, 06:41:25 PM »
I bought a new custom build computer and installed Windows 11 Pro on it. The machine it is replacing had Windows 10 Pro on it.
All my music on my old machine  was backed up to OneDrive, but I also backed up files to an external drive too.

How did I get to where I am:
After installing Windows, I installed drivers, installed Office, SQL Server developer edition, MusicBee (from the MS Store)
In MusicBee it looks quite different from the fresh store install vs. my old machine. So I opened preferences on my old machine and went through them side-by-side on the new machine changing them to be the same. This still didn't change to a dark theme style window that I had before. So then I looked and found the Save Settings menu and exported the settings and imported them on the new computer. During install I also got MusicBee to scan the files.

The problem:
It seems like all my music is there and something like 80-90% is showing the album art/title/artist on the music tab. But then there are a whole bunch that don't have cover art, artist or album displayed just the generic "no cover art" square. As well as one at the beginnng of the list which has something like 200+ unknown items list.

I used the find in windows explorer option to find some of the files, and in one case it was a whole 40 track album that was fubared. I tried removing it from musicBee, that had been found by it's own scan, and adding them manually by the menu option and the album still displays as in this image:

However if I right click and do properties on one of the files it will display like this and after closing the dialog the exclamation next to the item as in previous screenshot goes away:

If I go to the file location in Windows explorer and do properties on the file and look at the details on there I get:

Thus the meta data is definitely there and in MusicBee itself you can see the artwork is embedded.

I tried copying the files in the folder from my external drive overwriting the download from OneDrive (my entire music folder is set to be "Always keep on this device". This didn't help. Next I uninstalled MusicBee, reinstalled it, didn't change any of the config and tried adding just one album I knew it had issues with and it still had a problem.

On my old machine it looks like this in MusicBee:

Any ideas what has happened or how to resolved?

MusicBee Wishlist / A small playback tweak - play shuffled by album
« on: May 22, 2022, 12:52:47 PM »
Currently if you want to play whole albums shuffled you have to go into preferences and tick an option which alters how the play shuffled works.

Sometimes I like to play shuffled by track - the default, but sometimes by album. If the context menu on the music tab >>> all music item could be changed so you had play shuffled by track and play shuffled by album rather than having to edit the preferences when your mood changes that would be amazing.

Bug Reports / Re: MusicBee doesn't appear to support Unicode in MP3 tags
« on: January 17, 2022, 02:14:32 PM »
Ah my bad  :-[ , sorry to have wasted your time. It must be the LAME MP3 library (or the version I have) that Exact Audio Copy uses when ripping at fault then, damn.
Thanks to your diagnosis though I was able to fix the tags. :)

Bug Reports / Re: MusicBee doesn't appear to support Unicode in MP3 tags
« on: January 15, 2022, 01:27:33 PM »
Here is a link to one of the mp3 files on my one drive, the link is only valid till 28th Jan:
Coldplay track with emoji in filename

Bug Reports / MusicBee doesn't appear to support Unicode in MP3 tags
« on: January 10, 2022, 11:49:34 AM »
On the ColdPlay album "Music Of The Spheres" 2021, it has 5 tracks that consist of nothing but emoji style Unicode characters such as a star or a plant. When ripping the CD using Exact Audio Copy they appear correctly but not in MusicBee, in the latter tracks 1, 4, 6, 9 and 11 appear like this:

In the Windows explorer file names they appear correctly, albeit a little small in this screenshot:

I know, I know, stupid Coldplay having unpronounceable titles, but it would be amazing if there was a way to fix this to display correctly.

I ensure I include decent cover art on my music, typically a minimum of 600 x 600 but often 800 x 800 or 1000 x 1000.
I love musicBee artist image on the now playing tab but I'd also like the ability to make the cover art be displayed bigger, see red dotted line in the screenshot to see roughly how big I'd like to make it.

Pages: 1