Author Topic: Music Explorer view - Search  (Read 2288 times)

Tony_D

Bare with me, English is not my native language so i need to try to explain this (in a long story)

In the Music Explorer panel you can text search by clicking on the left panel for the artist, like wise in the middle panel for album name and in version 3.6 when you click on Top Tracks by Rating at the right panel it opens the respective album in the main panel, this is a great feature, really happy with that.
Reason why I'm so happy with that feature is that i have a reasonable large library with many of the same songs in different versions, lengths and remixes etc.

What would complete the super fast searching on the right pane (TOP TRACKS by RATING) is to be able to type the first alphabet of the song name so that it jumps straight to that, at present my scroll speed is at slow, so that my tired old eyes can read the text on my too small monitor, but if you have with some artists like a couple of hundred songs, scrolling the whole day, and mean the better part of the day, as I use it most of my awake time, my finger and hand cramp up frequently.
So fast jumping from the top of the list A to Z then G etc will reduce scrolling a lot.

Second request, also regarding the TOP TRACK by Ratings list would be that it would be free resizable width, almost all fields and columns can be adjusted but not that list.
As mentioned I have many same songs with different versions and the Rating dots, which i really need due to my forgetfulness which of the many versions is the best, then seconds best .. etc, it blocks the view op the song text which is pretty short in my opinion and much wider would really help me (hopefully others too)

Apologies that it became a long read again, thank you for looking at it.

A Happy MusicBee user, i wish i found it a lifetime ago....  8)

The Incredible Boom Boom

What would complete the super fast searching on the right pane (TOP TRACKS by RATING) is to be able to type the first alphabet of the song name so that it jumps straight to that, at present my scroll speed is at slow, so that my tired old eyes can read the text on my too small monitor, but if you have with some artists like a couple of hundred songs, scrolling the whole day, and mean the better part of the day, as I use it most of my awake time, my finger and hand cramp up frequently.
So fast jumping from the top of the list A to Z then G etc will reduce scrolling a lot.

Second request, also regarding the TOP TRACK by Ratings list would be that it would be free resizable width, almost all fields and columns can be adjusted but not that list.
As mentioned I have many same songs with different versions and the Rating dots, which i really need due to my forgetfulness which of the many versions is the best, then seconds best .. etc, it blocks the view op the song text which is pretty short in my opinion and much wider would really help me (hopefully others too)

If I understand correctly, you're asking to be able to type-search through the right panel of the Music Explorer and to also be able to resize this panel?
If so, I will +1 to both of these

Tony_D

If I understand correctly, you're asking to be able to type-search through the right panel of the Music Explorer and to also be able to resize this panel?
If so, I will +1 to both of these

Yes that's what I meant to say.... but i did it in a lot more words, thanks for minimizing my long story !

Tony_D

It has been awhile since the last post in this thread

Here a visual for clarification of my issue when trying to find a particular version.
I hope it will be picked-up by Steven as i feel it could benefit users with large libraries with multiple versions of the same song.
To Type search would also be a very welcome addition as explained/simplified by The Incredible Boom Boom....

A Happy MusicBee user, i wish i found it a lifetime ago....  8)

Steven

• Administrator
this version allows adjustment of the tracks panel width - thats all i will likely do with this request
https://getmusicbee.com/patches/MusicBee36_Patched.zip
unzip and replace the existing musicbee application files

aktor

This is an excellent option. What about hotkey for show/hide top track panel?

Tony_D

this version allows adjustment of the tracks panel width

Thanks a Million Steven, This is soooo amazing....

A Very Very Happy MusicBee user, i wish i found it a lifetime ago....  8)

phred

• Global Moderator
This is an excellent option. What about hotkey for show/hide top track panel?
this version allows adjustment of the tracks panel width - thats all i will likely do with this request
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here