Author Topic: Additional Custom Web Links  (Read 2925 times)

phred

• Global Moderator
I very much like the idea of Custom Web Links, but would like the option to have more than the current six. I'm sure some folks would like an infinite number, but I'd be content with eight to ten.

Thanks.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

phred

• Global Moderator
Never mind.

Well, not really never mind. But I see that this has not only been previously requested (2012) but will be enabled in 3.1.

Thanks Steven.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

phred

• Global Moderator
Looks like we now have ten custom web links in 3.1.6142, which is enough for my use.

Thanks!
Last Edit: October 26, 2016, 03:02:58 AM by phred

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

theta_wave

Yup, I do like the extra internet links Steven made available.  Next step is to increase the number of virtualtags and custom tags :)

Steven

• Administrator
Yup, I do like the extra internet links Steven made available.  Next step is to increase the number of virtualtags and custom tags :)
It should already include more virtual tags - its now 25

the only caution i would have is you might want to avoid using the new ones in filenaming in case you find a reason to need to go back to v3.0 for a while
Last Edit: October 26, 2016, 06:42:11 PM by Steven

theta_wave

Yup, I do like the extra internet links Steven made available.  Next step is to increase the number of virtualtags and custom tags :)
It should already include more virtual tags - its now 25

the only caution i would have is you might want to avoid using the new ones in filenaming in case you find a reason to need to go back to v3.0 for a while
Hmmmm, scrolling through Preferences > Tags (1) in 3.1.6143, I see 16 possible custom tags and clicking "Define New Tags...", the scrollbar only allows me to see a maximum of 16 possible virtualtags.  I upgraded from 3.0 to 3.1 via the 3.1.6142 patch containing only the MusicBee.exe executable.  Did I miss any setting or ini files that were necessary for 3.1?

Steven

• Administrator
it looks like i didnt complete it, so i will need to do a bit more

theta_wave

it looks like i didnt complete it, so i will need to do a bit more
Yeah, I was about to edit my post saying that I just found those additional virtualtag entries under Preferences > Tag (2) > Configure Fields

Anyways, take your time finishing it up.

Steven

• Administrator
it should be fully implemented now - older versions might lose the formula for the new fields

http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V3_1/MusicBee31_Patched.zip

theta_wave

it should be fully implemented now - older versions might lose the formula for the new fields

http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V3_1/MusicBee31_Patched.zip
Unpacked the update and immediately saw the additional virtualtag entries.  Thanks for the update and the reminder/warning about how any extra entries (beyond 16) may disappear when reverting back to 3.0 :)