Author Topic: Mini player lyrics floating window closes after maximizing then minimizing  (Read 1774 times)

fei0316

I turned on the Show Lyrics in Floating Window option in the mini player. Then if I click the maximize button on the mini player to the regular window to say select a new song, and then click minimize to go back into the mini player after I'm done, the lyrics floating window will be gone. When I right click on mini player it still shows that option is enabled, but I have to uncheck and check it to have it back. It seems that the minimize operation is causing the floating window to disappear.

Steven

• Administrator
I can't reproduce this as you describe but there is a bug when switching from mini player to main player and minimising then restoring the lyrics window. Not sure if its the same as your issue so could you try this version:

https://getmusicbee.com/patches/MusicBee34_Patched.zip
unzip and replace the existing musicbee application files

fei0316

I just tried it, and no it doesn't work. Not sure if it's the behavior of this version or it has been like that always, but the lyrics window appears when I switch to main player and disappears again when I switch back to mini player.

So: mini player -> turn on lyrics -> mini player with lyrics window -> maximize -> main player with lyrics window -> minimize -> mini player with no lyrics window -> maximize -> main player with lyrics window reappearing -> minimize -> mini player with lyrics window closed

Steven

• Administrator
Can you send a link to your settings file (help/ support/ view settings)

and what does -> minimize -> refer to? eg. minimise the lyrics window?

fei0316

https://cloud.ext.iatfei.com/index.php/s/2jxabLyGqnfRtxE

No, all "minimizing" refers to minimizing the main window

I actually found another problem where the mini player would disappear when I use two screens and move the mini player to the secondary screen and disconnect it. Then the mini player cannot be found, and even the main window can only be reopened by double-clicking the tray icon. I'm not sure if it's a Windows problem though.

Thank you very much!

Steven

• Administrator

fei0316

Thanks! This worked.
By the way, are you able to find a solution to the other problem I mentioned?