Recent Posts Total Posts: 164768

Pages: 12 3 ... 10
Questions / Re: Sound is scrambled / distorted
Last post by YannigVdW on Today at 09:02:35 AM   |  Started by YannigVdW
Problem is still there ... When I move the files local (to my desktop for example) the issue persists.
Questions / Re: Update Missing Artwork created only duplicate artworks [SOLVED]
Last post by sveakul on Today at 07:31:59 AM   |  Started by Olav
Thank you @sveakul! It solved most of my problems. I have a large folder that contains thousands of singles (no albums in folders). Is my only option then to embed the album arts? I see no way of allocating for each .mp3 file in that single folder a separate cover.jpg file.
It could be done with Album Artwork Retrieval Filter.  The image below is a shot of that interface.  To handle the files in the folder with separate non-embedded artwork for each file, you could:

1.  Move <filename>.* to second on the list and check its box.

2.  On the folder to be scanned list keep "Folder the music file is located in" on top and check "include subfolders."

3.  Make sure all the separate image files to be used are named using the same name as the music file they apply to, and place them in a subfolder of the folder holding the music where non-embedded images are to be used;  you could put them in the same folder as those music files if you prefer.

4.  Finally, hit the "Rescan Artwork" button on the bottom left of the panel.

5.  Give the operation some time to complete, then Save and restart MusicBee.

Plugins / Re: Additional Tagging & Reporting Tools
Last post by Mayibongwe on Today at 06:26:05 AM   |  Started by boroda
we have been conversing with Steven via PMs, if you mean this by "a thread with this line of discussion".
Ah, I see. No worries, I have linked your post above on the v3.6 topic in the general discussions board in an attempt to compile all the various changes.
Questions / Re: Block/Disable Pause
Last post by Zak on Today at 03:02:02 AM   |  Started by Retko
Can't test it myself right now, but a headphone button press might be be interpreted as a media key.
Try removing the keyboard shortcut for Media: Play/Pause and see if that solves the problem.
Portable Devices / Re: Wifi android device synching
Last post by BoringName on May 22, 2024, 11:45:28 PM   |  Started by Steven
I have been communicating with Google since the beginning of this month and I am unable to use MANAGE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE because they claim it is not a “core feature”. I've decided that the only way to register with Google is to disable reverse sync, so I'm going to try registering with F-Droid.

You need to read up on "Scoped Storage". It was introduced in Android 11 and could be bypassed with a flag but from Android 12 it couldn't be bypassed anymore. Since then you need to justify the use of "MANAGE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE" or google will reject the app from the play store. Which is going to be hard to do for a music sharing app, that permission is pretty much reserved for file managing apps because it gives access to everything.

You just need to setup Scoped Storage so the app can access audio files only and whatever folder the user selects. Once you do that google shouldn't have an issue with it.

I can't help anymore than that as I never got around to researching how to implement Scoped Storage.

Plugins / Re: Additional Tagging & Reporting Tools
Last post by boroda on May 22, 2024, 11:23:05 PM   |  Started by boroda
I cannot recall seeing a thread with this line of discussion. Can you please link the topic here for me,

we have been conversing with Steven via PMs, if you mean this by "a thread with this line of discussion".

----------

new plugin zip. it's now (at last "official" version 8.1  8) ) uploaded to add-on's page of the site.

documentation (.chm files) is updated according to the latest plugin release:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/h2t08o9562efboi/mb_TagTools_latest.zip/file

new full plugin zip:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/dm3rhfze89n3qwi/Additional-Tagging-Tools-Plugin.zip/file
Plugins / Re: Skip Over Song
Last post by boroda on May 22, 2024, 11:09:30 PM   |  Started by neRok
So, is that the case that entering a "Start Time" value in Edit-Settings is only possible for one track at a time,
no one entry for multiple tracks at once possible?

never used these settings earlier, but have tried right now, and it seems that it's indeed impossible to change them for several tracks at ones.
Last post by boroda on May 22, 2024, 10:52:20 PM   |  Started by Steven
I have been communicating with Google since the beginning of this month and I am unable to use MANAGE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE because they claim it is not a “core feature”. I've decided that the only way to register with Google is to disable reverse sync, so I'm going to try registering with F-Droid.

ohh, well, that's fantastic news. i don't understand why google so cares for me  ;D
Questions / Block/Disable Pause
Last post by Retko on May 22, 2024, 10:40:17 PM   |  Started by Retko
Hi,

I want MusicBee to never be able to pause, can I block or disable it somehow?
I want to prevent this actions mainly: take out headphones, accidentally tap headphone button that pauses.
My headphones have this setting in app, but I don't want to disable this way, it still pauses sometimes. So i want to try this way, is it possible?

Thank you.
Last post by kimt1688 on May 22, 2024, 09:12:53 PM   |  Started by Steven
Pages: 12 3 ... 10