Author Topic: File Organization - enhanced Preset Management  (Read 188 times)

TateB

I'd really appreciate the ability to manage my presets in the File Organizer easier.  Love the power of this feature, including the ability to apply conditional formulas to the naming template and using exceptions, which is a tremendous help when managing my music library.

A couple of "wish list" items:

1 - When using a new preset, prompt for whether it should be saved to the list for re-use.  Right now, all of my various "tests" need to be manually deleted.

2 - Enable the deletion of multiple presets at once.  Right now, the list of previously used presets needs to be dropped down, then I have to highlight one (I can only highlight a single one at a time), and press delete, in order to remove it.

3 - Include "exceptions" in the "preset" name or otherwise allow the user to assign a unique name to each preset.  Right now, it only displays the naming template.  I have some exceptions set up based on the particulars, which otherwise use an identical naming template, thus there is no indicating of which preset has the desired exceptions until I click on it to make it the active preset.

4 - Enable a manual ordering of the presets so that frequently-used ones can be placed near the top.

Thank you for considering this. :)

Mayibongwe

• Heal The World
Although I only use this function once in a blue moon for my own collection, I've got a couple of temp/test templates from other users' questions here on the forum.

So +1 to    #1    #2    #4
In case you are wondering why #3's left out.....I've never used the exceptions button as I just deal with that on an $if function - so I didn't give any thought to it.

Also, a screenshot to help visualize some of the requests above.

Edit: side note.

...and press delete, in order to remove it.
I was today years old when I learnt that you could remove a preset by using the delete key.
In the past, I have dabbled with the preset storage file in the program folder trying to remove some of these.
Last Edit: May 04, 2024, 07:45:58 PM by Mayibongwe
I already spend hours on end on social media. Might as well spare a few of those to a greater purpose here.