Author Topic: Translator Q&A  (Read 473138 times)

Steven

• Administrator
The button for "#Sys.btn.5BA89F9B# Add Plugin" is too small for the translated text.

I don't find the option "#PLE.ctl.D659848# show tracks when an album picture is double clicked" in the "Artwork layout preferences" dialog in MB 3.1.6420. Any hint...?
i will look into the first and the second, untick "show the tracks for the selected album"

hiccup

#Tag.ctl.origalb# says "original title"
Shouldn't that be "original album"?

The same for #Main.field.177#

While this may have been done on purpose, I believe the word 'album' should be mentioned, since otherwise in the context it's not very clear that it pertains to the album, not the track.

hiccup

The button for "#Sys.btn.5BA89F9B# Add Plugin" is too small for the translated text.

The same for Dutch.
"Plug-in toevoegen" doesn't fit (by a hair)

Steven

• Administrator
#Tag.ctl.origalb# says "original title"
Shouldn't that be "original album"?

The same for #Main.field.177#

While this may have been done on purpose, I believe the word 'album' should be mentioned, since otherwise in the context it's not very clear that it pertains to the album, not the track.
it maps to TOAL for mp3 files. It does seem "original album" would be better and generally more useful. I think i will change the english translation. I vaguely recall checking into how other players were using it because the ID3 spec is a little ambiguous on it and at least some were using "original title"

hiccup

it maps to TOAL for mp3 files. It does seem "original album" would be better and generally more useful. I think i will change the english translation. I vaguely recall checking into how other players were using it because the ID3 spec is a little ambiguous on it and at least some were using "original title"

I see, so some users and/or software might use this tag for 'original track title'? (in case of remixes or songs re-arranged from other genres/styles/languages?)
I understand the dilemma then.

Roadrunner

I don't find the option "#PLE.ctl.D659848# show tracks when an album picture is double clicked" in the "Artwork layout preferences" dialog in MB 3.1.6420. Any hint...?
i will look into the first and the second, untick "show the tracks for the selected album"

Thx for both!

In my opinon it's a little bit unusual to have a checkbox indented below another one, which could only be select if the upper checkbox is NOT selected. Wouldn't it be a better choice to just have a 4th radio button "when an album picture is double clicked"?

hiccup

#Main.msg.AddDoSk#
#Main.msg.AddVisual#
#Sys.msg.AddDoPlg#

mention zip files, but not rar files. Shouldn't 'rar' be added there?

and two nitpicks:

#Dev.ctl.97E1BA91#
came out a bit awkward when trying to translate, but it worked better when I rephrased the sentence to:
'Force the use of ID3 v2.3 tags for saving MP3 files'
Not sure, but perhaps that sounds a little bit better in English too?

#Tag.msg.MuscCred#
#Tag.msg.MuscCred2#

say "is now edited".

I am guessing 'now' is not intended as standing for 'at this actual moment', but it refers to the fact that it worked differently in older MB versions.
In the latter case I think 'now' should be removed. Such info is appropriate for release notes, but not so much in the actual user interface.

hiccup

In my opinon it's a little bit unusual to have a checkbox indented below another one, which could only be select if the upper checkbox is NOT selected. Wouldn't it be a better choice to just have a 4th radio button "when an album picture is double clicked"?

I agree with Roadrunner that those options, and especially the way some are hidden without that being clear is not ideal, nor consistent with how MusicBee handles such in most other places.

Usually MB will 'grey-out' options that are not available at that moment.
That's what users will be accustomed to, and I also like that more since it's much more informative.

The same goes for the 'Panels configuration' panel.
Behind 'click here for more' are some hidden options too. (and it's not even an identifiable button)
Also there I would prefer to have those options in sight or 'greyed-out' instead of completely hidden.

hiccup

In the File Converter panel there is a message at hover-over which says: 'when unticked, the file will be overwritten'.
There is no translation entry for it.

Steven

• Administrator
I just discovered there was one important translation missing. Its in the file now but i suggest if you have already submitted your file hold off for a day or two in case other issues are found

Code
#TMP.msg.ThMode2# Start Theater Mode

Steven

• Administrator
#Main.msg.AddDoSk#
#Main.msg.AddVisual#
#Sys.msg.AddDoPlg#

mention zip files, but not rar files. Shouldn't 'rar' be added there?
no, .RAR is not supported for now

#Dev.ctl.97E1BA91#
came out a bit awkward when trying to translate, but it worked better when I rephrased the sentence to:
'Force the use of ID3 v2.3 tags for saving MP3 files'
Not sure, but perhaps that sounds a little bit better in English too?
yes i agree and have changed the english and the translation file

#Tag.msg.MuscCred#
#Tag.msg.MuscCred2#

say "is now edited".

I am guessing 'now' is not intended as standing for 'at this actual moment', but it refers to the fact that it worked differently in older MB versions.
In the latter case I think 'now' should be removed. Such info is appropriate for release notes, but not so much in the actual user interface.
ok

klint

Hi
Should the sentence #Main.msg.famadhT# "{0} files are marked as duplicates and hidden (use Tools/ Duplicates Manager to unhide them)" also be handled in the .n singular/plural mode?
Thanks

klint

Also, just stumbled upon an untranslated string, that I was not able to find in the original files for translation I have at hand.

Cheers

Steven

• Administrator
i just realised the binary files i included in the RC version didnt include the very last translation set. Thats addressed now and they will be in the final version

klint

Hi Steven

Just a small cosmetic issue: the menu entry about Translation forum topic does not seem left-aligned properly, as it appears in French:

Thanks