Author Topic: [WEBSITE v2] MusicBee website and forum redesign  (Read 563696 times)

AvikB

When using the dark theme, when members use colored text in their posts, some become almost invisible or very hard to read. For example dark-blue, and of course grey and black. (logged-in mods under 'users online are also almost unreadable) Would it be possible to have some replacement color for those when switched to the dark theme?

yeah i noticed it too. I can not change individual color but i can make every font white. For example blue, black, and other color will turn to white when dark theme is activated.

hiccup

yeah i noticed it too. I can not change individual color but i can make every font white. For example blue, black, and other color will turn to white when dark theme is activated.

That would probably work, or perhaps a nice color that fits well within the the theme, so it's still clear somebody tried to emphasize something?
Some other (lighter) blues seem to work well, perhaps orange. I'm sure you'll figure out something nice.

AvikB

That would probably work, or perhaps a nice color that fits well within the the theme, so it's still clear somebody tried to emphasize something? Some other (lighter) blues seem to work well, perhaps orange. I'm sure you'll figure out something nice.
I was thinking of providing a lighter color for darker theme, but seems it is not possible due to colors being hard-coded directly :S
i will see what i can do?

Steven

• Administrator
not a big deal but for the two last add-ons, i noticed they are not showing in the "Newly added Add-ons" section on the ADD-ONS page
"BallBee App Icon" and "Milkdrop Visualiser".
Are the Visualiser and Misc ADD-ONS not included?

AvikB

not a big deal but for the two last add-ons, i noticed they are not showing in the "Newly added Add-ons" section on the ADD-ONS page "BallBee App Icon" and "Milkdrop Visualiser". Are the Visualiser and Misc ADD-ONS not included?
i am investigating this issue.

hiccup

I was thinking of providing a lighter color for darker theme, but seems it is not possible due to colors being hard-coded directly :S
i will see what i can do?

Perhaps a solution could be to limit the available colors for messages to only colors that are readable in both light and dark theme?

boroda

AvikB, here is corrected site localization:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/m4yiopoln2xo2a4/ru-ru.php

------

not a big deal, but dates are not localized anywhere, for example:

maybe it would be better just to always use localized dates (for russian its preferable to use dates in dynamically generated text only with numbers, without any words), independently of chosen site localization?

-------

also some text are not localized at all (i don't mean forum and help):

the 'you are not logged in' page had appeared when i was NOT using forum, i just tried to submit add-on, so i think it should be localized also.

boroda

also i assume that 'faq and help' page could be mostly localized. i understand that not everything can be localized on this page.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Actually, that reminds me: AvikB, is the faq dynamically updated from the wiki?
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest patches (3.5/3.6)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

AvikB

Only the sidebar for  "popular, most viewed, new wiki article" gets updated automatically.
The FAQ can be edited by Admin from the dashboard. It is not updated automatically.

AvikB

Here is the new link for v2.0 language file. It has few more things(which you might want to hold on till i give a green signal)
https://github.com/Avik-B/musicbee-website/blob/release/v2.0/includes/languages/en-us.php

Also i have updated your russian language file with few minor changes, you might wanna download it and merge conflict with your local copy.
https://github.com/Avik-B/musicbee-website/blob/release/v2.0/includes/languages/ru-ru.php

not a big deal, but dates are not localized anywhere, for example:
maybe it would be better just to always use localized dates (for russian its preferable to use dates in dynamically generated text only with numbers, without any words), independently of chosen site localization?

Yes date localization is not added. i will do some testing on this.
I guess providing dates without words might work, but i am thinking of providing only numbers when switched to other languages, but will display words when using english language.

also some text are not localized at all (i don't mean forum and help):
for download page buttons, they are localized. follow the link:
https://github.com/Avik-B/musicbee-website/blob/release/v2.0/includes/languages/en-us.php#L140

as for the addon page where buttons such as "services, devices etc" no they can not be localized. They acts like tags. and used for filtering.

the 'you are not logged in' page had appeared when i was NOT using forum, i just tried to submit add-on, so i think it should be localized also.
For the Knowledge Based error page, i have already made some changes to make it localized. i will provide an update for this tomorrow or maybe tonight.

as for rest of the dashboard input placeholder related issue, i will address them tonight or tomorrow.

also i assume that 'faq and help' page could be mostly localized. i understand that not everything can be localized on this page.
FAQ is user generated. Only admin can edit this. So it is not localized.
Another reason for not making it localized is that FAQ and other section can get updates in future, and if any localized version is provided, someone needs to re-translate it again, which would be a pain for everyone.

Let me know, if you think providing a localized version of FAQ can be helpful. I am looking into possibilities.

AvikB

Btw do you guys think forum font is small? i just noticed it is 13px, normal is 13px-15px, i like 14px which is a bit more large.
i will need some input on this.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Only the sidebar for  "popular, most viewed, new wiki article" gets updated automatically.
The FAQ can be edited by Admin from the dashboard. It is not updated automatically.

Is it possible to change that?  It doesn't get updated super often, but that means that the website, where people are more likely to look first, will be lagging behind.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest patches (3.5/3.6)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

AvikB

Is it possible to change that? It doesn't get updated super often, but that means that the website, where people are more likely to look first, will be lagging behind.
Okay it is possible to get the content from wiki via their api. Whenever you need to update the FAQ, All you need to do is to edit the faq on the WIKIA and the website faq will auto update itself. It is fully automatic.
Steven won't have to manage the faq section at all. Does this sound good?

AvikB

Is it possible to change that? It doesn't get updated super often, but that means that the website, where people are more likely to look first, will be lagging behind.
BTW, is it possible to get the FAQ page ID, can't seem to find it:
http://musicbee.wikia.com/wiki/FAQ