Author Topic: [WEBSITE v2] MusicBee website and forum redesign  (Read 563128 times)

AvikB

AvikB, i want to localize this site to russian. is this: https://github.com/Avik-B/musicbee-website/blob/Dev/includes/languages/en-us.php php file still up to date?
Yes it is fully up-to date.
You might want to skip dashboard admin panel(line 350-490), since it is used by only steven. it won't be required.

Steven

• Administrator
if the site is localised, is it possible to provide users with a link such that the site is localised eg. http://getmusicbee.com/ru
or is the only way for the user need to land on the english version and then change the language in the button on the bottom right of the web site?

AvikB

if the site is localised, is it possible to provide users with a link such that the site is localised eg. http://getmusicbee.com/ru or is the only way for the user need to land on the english version and then change the language in the button on the bottom right of the web site?
yes the only way is to change it from the bottom. But alternatively you can change the language by go to the following url:
Code
http://getmusicbee.com/?lang=en-us
The drop down at the bottom of the page does the similar, it simply redirects user to a similar url.
Last Edit: September 04, 2016, 07:12:14 PM by AvikB

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Seems like a practical solution.
+1

Thanks.  On further thought, I think just breaking out portable devices into its own forum would be the best approach.  That way mods (and visitors) don't have to think very hard about where portable device threads go, and a lot of the bugs reported aren't really MusicBee bugs anyway.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest patches (3.5/3.6)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

redwing

When trying to sign out, get this error sometimes.

Looks like it happens when you have multiple tabs of the forum open and trying to sign out from the tab that you did not use when signing in.

This still occurs even when a single tab is open. Clicking on "sign out" menu again is required to sign out.

AvikB

This still occurs even when a single tab is open. Clicking on "sign out" menu again is required to sign out.
will be fixed (probably) in next update.

boroda

AvikB, what does mean string "home_30" ("Submit")? i need to see context of this string to correctly translate it and can't find this text on home page.

also i've found a typo in string "home_32": change "Xbox Music.)" to "Xbox Music)."
Last Edit: September 05, 2016, 04:44:33 PM by boroda74

AvikB

AvikB, what does mean string "home_30" ("Submit")? i need to see context of this string to correctly translate it and can't find this text on home page.

You are right it is not in the home page. It seems i mistakenly put it there :S , It was supposed to be the submit button for the dashboard. here is the button used:

I will update it on the next major release. You don't need to worry about it breaking the translation. Just put the Russian word of submit in home_30, i will fix it later.

also i've found a typo in string "home_32": change "Xbox Music.)" to "Xbox Music)."
Ah thanks. it is fixed. will push the update later with other minor updates.

hiccup

Thanks.  On further thought, I think just breaking out portable devices into its own forum would be the best approach.  That way mods (and visitors) don't have to think very hard about where portable device threads go, and a lot of the bugs reported aren't really MusicBee bugs anyway.

I see an additional board for portable devices was added.
In my opinion it would be more logical and consistent to have child boards for that under 'Questions' and 'Bug Reports'.
It would also help to keep the main page more (vertically) compact and as less cluttered as possible.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator

Thanks.  On further thought, I think just breaking out portable devices into its own forum would be the best approach.  That way mods (and visitors) don't have to think very hard about where portable device threads go, and a lot of the bugs reported aren't really MusicBee bugs anyway.

I see an additional board for portable devices was added.
In my opinion it would be more logical and consistent to have child boards for that under 'Questions' and 'Bug Reports'.
It would also help to keep the main page more (vertically) compact and as less cluttered as possible.

Having two boards means people looking for a section about portable devices are as likely to choose one as the other, and when moving threads we have to figure out which one they go in.  I really think it's easier to just have one.  It would probably be fine to have it as a sub forum of general discussion or questions.  Bug reports is a little too specific.  Like I said, the bugs reported are often not really musicbee bugs anyway. (Added: although given that it's almost at the bottom of the list, I don't think it's getting in the way of anything.)
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest patches (3.5/3.6)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

boroda

AvikB, what does mean string "addon_15" ("by", line 500)? "by" can be translated in several ways, i need to know the context.

the same for string "search" ("Search ", line 531).
Last Edit: September 06, 2016, 08:27:23 PM by boroda74

hiccup

AvikB, what does mean string "addon_15" ("by", line 500)? "by" can be translated in several ways, i need to know the context.

I'm no AvikB, but I am sure it is in the context of "plugin 'Fantastic' by Boroda".
Similar to "Pictures at an Exhibition' by Modest Mussorgsky".

Steven

• Administrator
does anyone know a way to hint to the google search engine that there are localised versions for a page and what the supported localisation languages are ie. so when people google from a particular country, the localised version is shown in the search results

edit:
found this:
https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/182192?hl=en

@AvikB, when you have time i suggest you have a look as it does provide some recommendations
Last Edit: September 06, 2016, 09:44:57 PM by Steven

hiccup

@AvikB,

This might have nothing to do with the forum itself, but perhaps is just some local issue on my pc.
(but, I did present this to another forum member, and he did have a similar experience)

When I compose a message and make a spelling mistake, that word gets underlined.
When I then use the context key of my keyboard (located somewhere right of the space bar) on that word to try and see the proposed words, I used to get the context menu with suggestions for that word.
But lately that will sometimes work, but often it won't, and it will then give the standard context menu of 'Undo, Cut, Copy, Paste, etc.', and not the applicable spelling suggestion menu.
Using the right-click button on the mouse will always work though.

Is this something you might have some control over?