Author Topic: [WEBSITE v2] MusicBee website and forum redesign  (Read 563575 times)

AvikB

These icons have different colors. Do they serve a purpose, or is it just for alternating sake? (if the latter, I would prefer the same icon color for all)
Grey icon means no new post.
yellow icon means new post.

In light theme, this icon is almost indistinguishable:

.... probably will be fixed.

AvikB

AvikB

I made the requested screenshot (a snipping pic in fact) but do not know how to attach it. I can only find an option to add the URL of an image... Please assist... Wim

Click on the image icon and insert an image.

WimYogya

@AvikB:
Seems you do not understand my problem. I have a PICTURE ON MY PC that 'serves' as a screenshot. How can I browse to attach it? I have NO URL linked to any image I want to attach...
WimYogya
retired Dutchman (1944) in Yogyakarta, Indonesia

hiccup

are those bad? they look fine.... edgy to me.

Oh my dear AvikB, Microsoft has ruined your eyes with their devilish cleartype ;-)

Look:
The top image is how it is now (ugly), the bottom image is how it looks when I type the same text in a new message (correct):
(just compare the colons and you'll see what I mean)

About the all-caps:
It is not as ugly, since the font size is larger, but when you look at the letters M, A, D, P you can see some ugliness.
But don't bother too much if it is any trouble, it's not a big issue at these locations.

Last Edit: August 14, 2016, 04:26:51 PM by hiccup

AvikB

@AvikB: Seems you do not understand my problem. I have a PICTURE ON MY PC that 'serves' as a screenshot. How can I browse to attach it? I have NO URL linked to any image I want to attach...
we don't support image attachments. Try uploading that image to imgur and then link here.

AvikB

are those bad? they look fine.... edgy to me.
Oh my dear AvikB, Microsoft has ruined your eyes with their devilish cleartype ;-) Look: The top image is how it is now (ugly), the bottom image is how it looks when I type the same text in a new message (correct): (just compare the colons and you'll see what I mean)
Oh, i see. It seems two of them uses different fonts. I will adjust them.

hiccup

I found I selected the wrong post to quote or reply to a few times now.

What probably caused this, is that when you are navigating the specific board, the quote/reply/modify bar is at the top of the message, but when you are navigating by 'recent posts', that bar is located at the bottom of the message.
That's a bit confusing, I think it should always be at the top.

hiccup

Grey icon means no new post.
yellow icon means new post.

Ah, ok.
It was funny because they were exactly alternating over the whole page top to bottom, and I believed I was up-to-date with the postings.
I now pressed 'mark all messages as read' and it's fine now.

hiccup

@AvikB: Seems you do not understand my problem. I have a PICTURE ON MY PC that 'serves' as a screenshot. How can I browse to attach it? I have NO URL linked to any image I want to attach...
we don't support image attachments. Try uploading that image to imgur and then link here.

And there is more than enough info on posting screenshots on the forum (tips and tricks) and on the wiki to be found.

WimYogya

Possible, but I never came across it, don't know what Imgur is and have no time to find it out at the moment.
Thought I could simply give some feedback about the new layout, but it seems to require a new learning curve.
I can live with the layout issue, maybe others have more time to explain/show.
Thanks.
WimYogya
retired Dutchman (1944) in Yogyakarta, Indonesia

theta_wave

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
When typing a reply, the line positioning is not adjusted correctly for a new line beyond the bottom of the text box.  The new line gets half cut off:

MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest patches (3.5/3.6)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)