Author Topic: Back Up List of Music Without Actual Audio Files  (Read 1932 times)

ChadwickDFenstermacher

Is there a file or group of files that I can back up which will contain the names of all my artists, albums and songs (preferably conveniently organized) without me needing to back up hundreds of gigabytes of audio files?

Thank you in advance.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
You can use the Additional Tagging & Reporting Tools plugin for this: http://getmusicbee.com/addons/plugins/49/additional-tagging-and-reporting-tools/
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest patches (3.5/3.6)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

ChadwickDFenstermacher

You can use the Additional Tagging & Reporting Tools plugin for this: http://getmusicbee.com/addons/plugins/49/additional-tagging-and-reporting-tools/

Thanks for the reply. If I understand correctly, the feature I'm looking for is in Main Menu -> Tools -> Additional Taggins Tools -> Back Up Tags For All Tracks. Is that right?
I'm getting the following error report when I attempt to do that: "Value cannot be null. Parameter name: String." What does that mean?

phred

• Global Moderator
Thanks for the reply. If I understand correctly, the feature I'm looking for is in Main Menu -> Tools -> Additional Taggins Tools -> Back Up Tags For All Tracks. Is that right?
I'm getting the following error report when I attempt to do that: "Value cannot be null. Parameter name: String." What does that mean?
No, that's for backing up tags (and you need to create a baseline first.)

What you're looking for is Tools > Additional Tagging Tools > Library Reports. Select the tags you want in the report from those available on the left side. When you're ready, click 'Preview' to see what's going to be reported. If you're satisfied with it, click 'Export' and give it a file name and the type (HTML, text, etc.)
That will give you the list you're looking for.
Last Edit: November 29, 2016, 01:36:36 AM by phred
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

ChadwickDFenstermacher

No, that's for backing up tags (and you need to create a baseline first.)

What you're looking for is Tools > Additional Tagging Tools > Library Reports. Select the tags you want in the report from those available on the left side. When you're ready, click 'Preview' to see what's going to be reported. If you're satisfied with it, click 'Export' and give it a file name and the type (HTML, text, etc.)
That will give you the list you're looking for.

How do I have to set this up to export a list effectively identical to the one I see when I open Playlists, view my entire music library, and sort by artist, with the fields being Artwork, Album, Disc-Track#, Artist and Title (from left to right, in "Album and Tracks" format)? I'm a little confused by the distinction between Artist, Artist (displayed), Album Artist, and Album Artist (displayed). I always get some strange entries in my library report.

EDIT: I think the problem is mostly caused by disc image files.
Last Edit: November 29, 2016, 10:40:55 AM by ChadwickDFenstermacher

boroda

1st tick Artist tag (to sort first by artist), then all other tags you need. command will list tags of all tracks included in current filtered view, i mean all displayed tracks, but not just tracks physically displayed on monitor. chosen view (track details, albums, etc.) doesn't matter. Artist (displayed) is mb tag, but its named Displayed Artist in mb. Album Artist will empty in report if its empty in tag and Album Artist (displayed) will substitute Artist tag in report if Album Artist is empty in tag.