Author Topic: Enable fast forward/rewind buttons to change radiostations while in Radio mode  (Read 185 times)

Musicspace

While navigating the Internet, I like listening to the radio via MusicBee. I have  dozen of stations on the Radio tab and I often switch radio stations.
MusicBee window is always minimized, so I have to maximize, click on the station, sometimes scroll, and minimize. Fast forward and rewind buttons are both inactive when the window is open or minimized.
When the radio is playing, the small pop-up control menu which appears above the cursor on the taskbar, it only has the play and stop buttons active.
Please, enable fast forward and rewind buttons so the user can switch stations without opening the program window.

tjinc

Welcome to the forum Musicspace,

I'm not certain that I fully understand what you are wanting to do but try this:

At the start of your session, select all your music stations (or all of the ones you might want to listen to), right click > Play Now (this will add them to the 'Playing Tracks' queue).
The first station will play and the 'Next' and 'Previous' buttons should now be active and will skip to the next/previous station.

Note that you can also drag the stations around in the Playing Tracks panel into a required order.
Or you can add them individually by right click > queue next/last

Any good?

Musicspace

What I meant is to do like in the Music tab, double left-click or fast forward/rewind clicks to play the next/previous track.
In the Radio tab only double left-click works. Fast forward/rewind clicks are not working, unless as you wrote:
Ctrl + A > right click > Play Now.

phred

• Global Moderator
In the Radio tab only double left-click works. Fast forward/rewind clicks are not working,
Perhaps I'm not understanding the request correctly, or perhaps I'm mistaken, but you can't advance to the next track when on a radio stream because it's a -stream-. The data hasn't been cached or downloaded to your PC until it starts playing. You can go to the previous track because it's already been cached or downloaded.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

boroda

no, phred, not advance to the next track, but switch between radio stations from the now playing list. and, yes, i also didn't know that radio stations can be added to the now playing list like tracks.

phred

• Global Moderator
Thanks for the clarification, boroda. Every couple of days I learn something else that MB can do.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here