Author Topic: Easier way of changing song position in a playlist instead of drag and drop!  (Read 190 times)

almao1994

Hi Musicbee Team,

The current and only method of editing song position in a playlist is by manually drag and drop. Now when the playlist is big like about 200+ songs this method becomes very inconvinient. I think there should be also an easier method to change the song position by editing the song position value for example I can directly edit the song number from the main panel column field or by going into song edit view(shift+enter).

Would be be really great if this feature can be added in the upcoming releases!  :-*

Regards,
Albert

Zak

• Global Moderator
I think there should be also an easier method to change the song position by editing the song position value for example I can directly edit the song number from the main panel column field or by going into song edit view(shift+enter).
I don't disagree with the intention, but this sounds like the sort of 'feature' that makes sense until you use it a few times and then realise it isn't that much easier.
For one thing, you'd have to already know which new position value to enter, which would mean having to scroll to that other position in the list beforehand anyway.

If this is considered for implementation, I think something akin to how you can move rows in Excel would be a better solution.
i.e.

1. Select any tracks you want to move - using Ctrl and Shift key modifiers for multiple selections if necessary.
2. Right-click any selected track and select a Cut command (or a name like Move Within Playlist may make the intention clearer)
3. Scroll to the required location elsewhere in the playlist.
4. Right-click where you want to move all the previously selected tracks to and select an Insert Moved Tracks command to complete the action.
Bee excellent to each other...

Steven

• Administrator
this is already implemented some time ago (must have forgotten to mention it)
as long as the playlist is displayed in the main panel with the Tracks View, using Edit/ Cut and Edit/ Paste moves the files