Author Topic: Your opinion about: "Feat." in the display artist. [SOLVED]  (Read 2864 times)

Piwilelapin

Hello ! :)

Basically, at first I used to tag my Artists like: "Nujabes feat. Cise Star" in the "display artist:" section, and then split it with the artist splitter, so I had two artists.

But then, I've realized it's actually smarter to put the additional artists in the "Guest Artists" section, and create a virtual tag with the featuring artists. This way, my "Artists" section is clearer knowing that lastfm uses the artist section and not album artist as a reference, so it creates conflicts when there are two artists.

What do you think of it? Do you think that suppressing "feat.." in the display artist in more convenient?

If so, how do you think I can automatically suppress and the "feat." in the title and then add it to the "Guest Artists" section?

I hope my case is not too complicated :3

Best !
Piwi
Last Edit: February 21, 2017, 03:01:54 PM by Piwilelapin

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I was under the impression that last.fm scrobbled the display artist.  It's that not the case?
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest patches (3.5/3.6)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Steven

• Administrator
I was under the impression that last.fm scrobbled the display artist.  It's that not the case?
thats correct

theta_wave

I use mp3tag to transform "Artist feat. Guest" for song "Foo" to <Artist> = Artist; <Guest Artist> = Guest; <Title> = Foo (feat. Guest).

I'm sure that one can create a setting in ASR (advanced search & replace) to do just that.

Piwilelapin

Thanks for your answers !

In the end I just created a virtual tag separated from Artist, to avoid any conflicts with last fm, and It's pretty convenient I think ! I would advise you to try ;)

lux1o