Author Topic: What is the .old file in the patch?  (Read 1064 times)

DrRoboculous

. . . 3.4, which is very, very stable for a beta. Many of us are using it exclusively at this point.

I was wondering: the file that has the .old extension in the patch index for 3.4, is that the most recent stable version of the beta patches? Or what is that for? I usually download and use the newest patch that's available every day.  If that one acts up, is that what the MusicBee34_Patched.old file is for? Because I notice that file seems to be a few days or a week older than the most recent patch, which means it's not just the 2nd most recent one.

And: am I supposed to be using the most recent patch every day like that, or could that mess something up?

Finally: when would the official version 3.4 download be ready on the main download page? As you said, it seems just as stable as 3.3 at this point.

Thanks all!
Last Edit: October 17, 2020, 11:03:52 PM by psychoadept

phred

• Global Moderator
I have no idea what the .old version is. And Steven doesn't necessarily issue a patch every day.

You're not "supposed" to be doing anything. The best way to know when patches are available, and what they've added/fixed, is to follow the forum. The latest patch should not mess up anything. And if it does, you can reinstall the previous patch right over the newer one.

Lastly, never ask a developer when a version is going to be released. It will be released when it is ready.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

DoctorRoboculous

You banned me for pointing out how you’re being hostile with a user for asking a question?  Get thicker skin & grow up. 

Steven

• Administrator
You banned me for pointing out how you’re being hostile with a user for asking a question?  Get thicker skin & grow up. 
I banned you for the obnoxious posts you made

DoctorRoboculous

And deleted the whole post/exchange that happened?

DoctorRoboculous

You lost a user and gained some negative reviews. If that matters at all to you.