Author Topic: Insert silence when switching sample rates  (Read 102 times)

dh5217

Hi!

Now that I have gotten my favorite VST plugins working with MusicBee, it is now my primary music player.  I had one feature request which you can find on some other players.

TL;DR
It would be really nice if there were an option to "insert <x> seconds of silence during sample rate change" under Player options right below "play some silence at startup for hardware synchronization" so that my DAC synchronizes better.  Perhaps you could select x seconds such as: 0.5, 1.0, 2.0 (seconds).

Some DACs (like the new one I got) don't handle sample rate changes very well when switching from one album to another where the new album has a different sample rate.  To fix this, I can stop and restart playback, but the requested option would always work and be so much more elegant.  You could also have the related option "mute during sample rate change" which may help the DAC from making any weird and loud noises during the change.  This option works really well with Audirvana so I was hoping MusicBee (Steven) may consider adding this option.

Thank you so much!

dh5217

Actually, Audirvana lists it as "additional latency" when changing sample rate.  Perhaps it stops playback after the current file is finished for <x> seconds then restarts playback of the new file which has a different sample rate?  I suppose that inserting actual silence in the stream may not give the intended result.  I'm not exactly sure how they are doing it. I thought J River had a similar option, but I can't confirm since I don't have it installed.

Thanks again.