Author Topic: On mouse over show side panels  (Read 38769 times)

SimonBRT

if the tabs are docked vertically i could make the popup only happen when the mouse is exactly on the border. For people who have MB maximised that wouldnt be a problem

i think that would work just fine.

also want to mention that i love the fact that the location bar is now clickable anywhere.  its a big improvement over the old behaviour.

my only thought now is that perhaps the left panel should auto-collapse once the mouse leaves the area.  lightroom was mentioned earlier in this thread and that is how the feature works there.  at present it feels a little 'clunky' having to arbitrarily click elsewhere in the main panel to collapse it once more.  not sure if everyone would agree with this though, any thoughts?

Steven

• Administrator
i found it all too easy to move out of the sidebar area when attempting to scroll

edit:
i guess a simple solution would be to add a buffer of say 50px before it auto-hides
Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 07:06:25 PM by Steven

SimonBRT

i found it all too easy to move out of the sidebar area when attempting to scroll
that could definitely be a problem i agree.  i think if you can make it work and feel usable with a small buffer that would be really great, but if it becomes too fiddly to try and scroll i will happily leave that to your judgement!

Steven

• Administrator
tweaked so it auto-hides if you move off the sidebar by more than 50px, and when using vertical tabs you need to position the mouse exactly on the window border (in other words it probably would only work well if maximised for vertical tabs)
@beeing good, let me know if you still find this compromise unworkable

http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V2/MusicBee_Exe_Patched.zip

beeing good

That is definitely better Steven. Using a pad on a laptop it is very easy to go over to the left too far and open it but now that it autohides this isn't an issue anymore.

Steven

• Administrator
not entirely convinced its acceptable. One thing i am bit puzzled by - you would need to have the mouse positioned exactly on the window border for more than 0.25 of a sec. If you just moved the moved the mouse across the border without pausing it shouldnt open

beeing good

It's quite easy to do, I just move the mouse over as far to the left as it goes when aiming for a tab and 0.25 secs is not very long. In fact, it's quicker than it takes me to lift a finger to attempt a tap click.

Steven

• Administrator
in the navigator tree panel when it auto-opens, i've added a right click/ Disable Panel Auto-Open

ma_t14

in the navigator tree panel when it auto-opens, i've added a right click/ Disable Panel Auto-Open

How do I get it to auto-open again?  :-\

Steven

• Administrator
open it from the location bar & untick the disable

ma_t14

open it from the location bar & untick the disable

Oh, I can definitely see people getting confused by this

ma_t14

Another thing, how am I supposed to write a url in the address bar when auto-open is enabled  ???

I think clicking on the address/location bar should not open the panel

Analien

Ah, this is really, really nice! Saves space! What about the right panel? For me, it would be nice to be able to autohide this more than the left panel.
One thing I've noticed is that when the left panel is coming out from it's hidingplace it will not show the albumcover as it does when it is pinned. Not a big thing but could it be optionable in some way?

SimonBRT

i think that this works brilliantly now.  in terms of pure usability it is, for me at least, one of the best updates for a while.  thanks steven!