Author Topic: On mouse over show side panels  (Read 38551 times)

theholycorn

+1 good for old laptops with small screens and no external mouse tucked away in the corner doing nothing but run MB (like mine  :) )

I agree with the left panel being very useful but taking up precious space most of the time. The same for the right panel.

SimonBRT

The auto-hiding sidebars in theatre mode currently have exactly this behaviour, you can even pin them in place.

Would still love to see this move into the main player...

Steven

• Administrator
this is done for the next update
if the left panel is collapsed, you can move the mouse to the left side and the left sidebar will popup.
To close, either select the node you want to go to or click anywhere on the main panel.
Its in the next update

beeing good

This is very interesting. Will take a bit of getting used to but seems really useful. One thing though, are the tabs supposed to disappear when it pops out (when the tabs are vertical on the left side)?

Steven

• Administrator
the left sidebar will pop-out over all controls on the left side including tabs.
The pop-out feature is probably most useful for people who have musicbee maximised - otherwise you can also open/close the left sidebar by clicking the panel open/close button on the bottom left.
Last Edit: April 28, 2012, 07:03:05 PM by Steven

ma_t14

Steven there seems to be bug with the new sidebar. If I click on anything inside the sidebar it still hides after registering the click, I think that was not what you intended  :-\

Steven

• Administrator
no that is what i intended - why would you want to keep it open in normal circumstances?
the way i imagined its use would be to go to a new node so no point keeping it open

ma_t14

no that is what i intended - why would you want to keep it open in normal circumstances?
the way i imagined its use would be to go to a new node so no point keeping it open

I can see that the computer tree works as expected so everything is fine. Now that I think about it, you are right, it is better this way  :)

Steven

• Administrator
i made a small tweak so it reopens at the node you last visited (before it was always opening with the Music Library node at the top)

SimonBRT

this is fantastic!  been hoping for this ever since it was first suggested.  brilliant.

Steven

• Administrator
i will be interested in any feedback whether the current behavior of closing the panel when a node is clicked is best

greenday1987

• Long live OiNK!
This is pretty sweet. I browse my collection of music on the PC from the laptop using the subsonic plugin so I browse through the folder structure alot. As a result it'd be handy for me if the panel stayed open until I clicked elsewhere. Thanks Steven
RIP OiNK

I've recently joined last.fm - http://www.last.fm/user/drjswho
Feel free to add me if you wish :)

EAC V1.0 beta 3 can be downloaded here
And a full guide on setting it up and ripping a CD can be here