Author Topic: I can't Install MusicBee !!  (Read 1734 times)

gilespie

Hi all,

I foolishly removed MusicBee form my Windows 8 laptop and now would like to re-install it again.  Using the downloaded file MusicBeeSetup_3_2_Update.exe I get the error message

Unable to access the MusicBee library path: \MusicBee\

Pressing Retry repeats the message, and when I hit Cancel the following ErrorLog.dat file opens

29/01/2019 10:46:38 - 6.3.9600.0 - 3.2.6902.32258 - System.IO.IOException: The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect. [\MusicBee\]
   at #=zf67MEopCrwJkUkPlGumBqLA=.#=zworXhnS61bwz.#=zxIq5PeQ=.#=zc3YHqDk=(#=zkilhrE$cypVhjQ8q52qKxTQ= #=z0k4Bx$M=, Boolean #=zmFaAsvwdppoG)
   at #=zjyXLHZtxcuOO$I_VXEWeIlk=.#=znebkksw=.#=zY$bG2Mw=(#=zkilhrE$cypVhjQ8q52qKxTQ= #=z0k4Bx$M=)
   at #=zjyXLHZtxcuOO$I_VXEWeIlk=.#=zyvZgoERts9lF(#=zkilhrE$cypVhjQ8q52qKxTQ= #=z0k4Bx$M=)
   at #=zx9H$0K5tc$nGAYtoyncaKErOthcW.Main(String[] args)
29/01/2019 10:46:38 - 6.3.9600.0 - 3.2.6902.32258S - System.IO.IOException: The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect. [\MusicBee\]
   at #=zf67MEopCrwJkUkPlGumBqLA=.#=zworXhnS61bwz.#=zxIq5PeQ=.#=zc3YHqDk=(#=zkilhrE$cypVhjQ8q52qKxTQ= #=z0k4Bx$M=, Boolean #=zmFaAsvwdppoG)
   at #=zjyXLHZtxcuOO$I_VXEWeIlk=.#=znebkksw=.#=zY$bG2Mw=(#=zkilhrE$cypVhjQ8q52qKxTQ= #=z0k4Bx$M=)
   at #=zjyXLHZtxcuOO$I_VXEWeIlk=.#=zyvZgoERts9lF(#=zkilhrE$cypVhjQ8q52qKxTQ= #=z0k4Bx$M=)
   at #=zx9H$0K5tc$nGAYtoyncaKErOthcW.Main(String[] args)

I've tried re-installing and I'm stuck in the same grounghog loop.  Can anyone help me?

Many thanks
Giles

milLR

I know nothing
the portable version of MusicBee does not require all the rights, you can put it where you want ( not in program x86) and works terrifc.  I installed it after messing up and I love it. try it !

Roby

Try a new installation and a new empty library, then import the old library. MB suffers when he does not find his things where he expects them. Very good the previous advice to use the portable version.

frankz

The 3.2 version installer is called MusicBeeSetup_3_2_Update3.exe, not MusicBeeSetup_3_2_Update.exe.  It can be found here.

gilespie

Thanks for the help, I installed the portable version and it worked!

Many thanks, G