Author Topic: How to get rid of One-Track-Albums?  (Read 225 times)

Toshiro

Hi Everybody,

i just installed this wonderful tool yesterday, cause i wanted to get away from clicking songs in Windows explorer.

I have aproblem with "clutter" in my Album view...
Every single song i have, is listed in the Album view alone, with the Album title.

Is there a way via importing, or later to remove all those single or two song albums out of the library?
I just want it to show me albums that i have all songs of and not just one track.

I hope it is understandable what i mean, it is kinda hard to explain for me....

Cheers,

Toshiro

tjinc

Welcome to the forum Toshiro,

If I understand you correctly, you have a lot of 'albums' with only 1 track which you would like removed from your library (or you would rather not see in your Album Covers view).
There are several way of dealing with this - here are two:

1. Remove these tracks from you library:
    Right Click on track(s) > Delete
    (Make sure that you have 'Delete from library only' selected.)

However it would seem a shame not to have access to these tracks via MusicBee and you may find that, as you use it more, you would like to have these tracks in your library (for example when creating your own playlists), so I would recommend:

2. Create Library Filters to separate full and part albums:
     Have a look at the Wiki page on Library Filters

Create one filter (Full Albums) with the rule: <Album Track Count> is greater than 2
     Create one filter (Singles/EPs/Part Albums) with the rule: <Album Track Count> is less than 3

You can then display each filter on a different tab (with different views if preferred).

vincent kars

Most of the time this is a matter of tags.
Musicbee will group tracks into 1 album if the ALBUM tag and the ALBUM ARTIST have identical content in each track.
If the ALBUM ARTIST is empty, Musicbee will use the ARTIST tag instead.

Toshiro

Thanks for the great advice.
I did set it up like you suggested and it did work on the second tab for the single tracks.
But sadly, the Album Tab still shows all the albums with 1 track, like shown on the screenshot.

https://imgur.com/a/GCTR8eH

Any idea what i did wrong ?!

Toshiro

Most of the time this is a matter of tags.
Musicbee will group tracks into 1 album if the ALBUM tag and the ALBUM ARTIST have identical content in each track.
If the ALBUM ARTIST is empty, Musicbee will use the ARTIST tag instead.

Thanks for the advice. But it doesn't seem to work.
https://imgur.com/a/kOhSwb8

I have deleted the ALBUM ARTIST tag from several songs, but they still stay in the Album view, like before.

tjinc

Any idea what i did wrong ?!
You didn't do anything wrong here - that album (The College Dropout) has more than 3 tracks in your library - I can see from the image that you have at least one track by J.Ivy on the same album and I assume there is more.

The issue you are seeing is caused by your left hand panel (the Thumbnail Browser) being set to display 'Artist'. You have selected 'Jamie Foxx' and there is only 1 track by this artist on the album.
I suggest that you set this panel to 'Album Artist' instead - click on the panel header (the word Artist) to change this. This album will then be under the Album Artist 'Kanye West'.

Toshiro

OMG - it works  :D

Thank you so much!

Now i am gonna fiddle around with some artist names, that are written wrong and then it is gonna be perfect!

tjinc

Glad it worked out for you.

.... and then it is gonna be perfect!
I'm not sure any of us ever quite get there.  ;D