Author Topic: Translated Lyrics  (Read 2058 times)

Arbacaxi

Hi! It would be interesting if MusicBee also had a tab for translated lyrics too, like the different album covers for one single album. For example, I'm listening a japanesene song, I'm with two sync lyrics:

In romaji:

[00:05]Mitomete ita okubyou na kako
[00:10]Wakaranai mama ni kowagatte ita
[00:15]Ushiro no jibun ga genjitsu wo ima ni utsusu

And translated:

[00:05]My cowardly past that I admitted
[00:10]Not knowing what's going on, my frightened
[00:15]past self reflects the reality now

It would be impossible to put both in the same text
It's possible?

Hope you understand, thank you!
Last Edit: August 30, 2017, 07:21:54 PM by Arbacaxi

Alsweider

Translation and transcription for all tags would be a nice feature. In fact I'm using a custom tag for transcription of artists and titles, when I got tracks which are tagged in Kyrillic alphabet for example.

jollebollenorn

+1
Listening to opera and other vocal music in the classical tradition where lyrics are often repeated or sung over each other, trying to both follow where you are in the lyric sheet and understand the meaning of the text is close to impossible without translations presented side by side like a in a cd booklet. Placing the translation below the original text in the lyric file doesn't work either for tracks that can be 10+ minutes.

vzell

+2 to support original and translated lyrics at the same time in two different windows maybe

hiccup

+2 to support original and translated lyrics at the same time in two different windows maybe
Where would the lyrics that was translated to another language than the original come from?

vzell

For springsteen there is a website with german lyrics for example