Author Topic: Skins  (Read 2865 times)

richard127gm

Hi. I've just adapted the excellent Mellon Remix skin for my own use, changing the bright green to a mint green. I've also managed to change the color below the peak signal on the placeable spectrum visualiser to a rark red, to stand out against the new green. However, there is a small visualiser on the bottom control buttons bar and I can't find the setting for its color. At the moment it is almost invisible. Anybody got any idea where it is in the skin xml, or know what I should be looking for? I did find some setting but changing the colors did nothing.

Bit random, I know but it's irking me.

Thanks

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Glad you're enjoying Mellon Remix. I haven't updated it in ages, feel free to share your own version on the forum. (Mine was copied from the Mellon skin for Media Monkey so I can hardly claim originality.)

There's a somewhat outdated list of skinning elements on the wiki (another thing that hasn't been updated in way too long): https://musicbee.fandom.com/wiki/Skinning_Elements

Fortunately, the part you're looking for is older anyway. I think you want the elements that start with "Player.Spectrum". There are five all together. I probably left them out of the skin because I never display that visualizer anyway.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest patches (3.5/3.6)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

richard127gm

Thanks psychoadept, those lines are for the panel visualiser. You did make me think though and a search for just "Spectrum" rather than "visualiser", which I had been doing, found these lines, which worked fine. Thanks.

<element id="PlayerFlat.SpectrumDead" bg="Medium" />
  <element id="PlayerFlat.SpectrumDefault" bg="Medium" />
  <element id="PlayerFlat.SpectrumLow" bg="Red" />
  <element id="PlayerFlat.SpectrumMedium" bg="White" />
  <element id="PlayerFlat.SpectrumHigh" bg="Purple" />

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Oh, yeah. I forgot there would be separate elements for the flat player than the classic player. Good catch!
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest patches (3.5/3.6)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)