Author Topic: Finding blank fields  (Read 2273 times)

MSWallack

I've configured the main window to show me the "Sort Album Artist" and "Sort Artist" fields. It appears that all of my tracks have those fields completed, but I know that many do not. When I click to edit tracks, I find that many don't have this information. So, apparently, MusicBee is showing me those fields populated with data from the Album Artist and Artist fields.

Per a suggestion from scampbll, I tried searching. When I search for Sort Artist or Sort Album Artist and look to match <has no value> no tracks are returned by the search, even though I know that many tracks don't have any data in Sort Artist or Sort Album Artist (and I checked to be sure...).

So, I guess my request is:

1) Allow MB to return search results for Sort Artist & Sort Album Artist when those fields have no data and/or
2) Allow a user to turn off having MB automatically populate those fields in the main window display when those fields don't actually have data.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
+1, seems like this should work the same as Album Artist in terms of search results.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest patches (3.5/3.6)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Pingaware

+1
Bold words in my posts are links unless expressly stated otherwise.