Author Topic: Auto-playlist filter duplicates preferred status  (Read 2854 times)

Alumni

Auto-playlists have the option of filtering out duplicates when the same track is repeated, however we have no control over which tracks MusicBee chooses.

I think it would be helpful to have options such as these:

~ Prefer tracks on studio albums vs. compilations
~ Prefer tracks on studio albums vs. live albums

With compilations and live albums you'd have to set this flag yourself.

Anti

Do you know that if you 'ban' a track (part of the 'love' feature), then it will not get used in auto-playlists or Auto-DJ.

For instance I don't like live concerts in auto-lists, so I've 'banned' them all (as well as intros, outros and speaking parts),
which means if I want to play them I need to have manually put them into the Now Playing List.

Additionally you could try this too (which I also use when I want more control without fully banning tracks):
· Create a 'exceptions' static playlist and drag into it all the tracks you don't want in auto-playlists/Auto-DJ.
· Use a rule in your auto-lists: playlist is not 'exceptions'

Or, in the same vein, you could set a custom tag to 'S', 'L' and 'C' (or simply 'D' for 'duplicate'), and use that tag in your playlist rules.

The 'ban' method would achieve more-or-less what you asked for, with the advantage that you wouldn't need to include any
'exclusion' rules in your playlists. Selecting 'ban' tracks would be the same amount of work as tagging duplicates.
Last Edit: January 01, 2014, 08:16:18 PM by Anti

paq

If you want to know, I think MusicBee prefers tracks with higher bitrate when filtering out duplicates in auto-playlists.

SidneyMartins

I got the same issue here.

I tried Anti's suggestion of banning but it didn't work out properly because some songs were loved, so banning them made such songs get unloved in Last.fm and everything got very messed up.

It would work for me if MusicBee preferred the most played track.

I wish the developer could add some options of how MuicBee would select the duplicated track for we to choose, somewhat like happens with the feature "limit to X items".