Author Topic: iPod has no music after syncing with MusicBee  (Read 7923 times)

tbarr0

I formatted my iPod and synced it to MusicBee, but when it finished, there was no music on it, although the iPod itself says that the amounf of memory my music would take up is taken.

Samanthaaaa

I have the exact same problem. I've found that MusicBee is putting all of my music I am syncing to my iPod into the partitioned/root folder (which I didn't even have activated!). You should be able to find all of your music by navigating to your iPod in Windows Explorer.

Anyway: How does one sync their iPod (in my case iPod Classic 120gb), so that their music actually displays and plays on the iPod?

Edit: After much reading on the MB forums, I realise now that MB really doesn't like newer versions of iTunes. Does anyone know which version of iTunes works best for syncing with MusicBee? Or even better, which is the best way to get MB to sync without iTunes installed (and preferably, a way to sync without having to use a separate program?)

Last Edit: December 11, 2012, 02:38:01 AM by Samanthaaaa

neilbenson

I had the same issue with my old 2gen iPod. It had previously synced with MB no problems, but recently the iPod could see the music files which MB had copied onto it. I resolved the problem by:

1. Install iTunes (that felt weird!)
2. Use iTunes to restore the iPod to factory settings
3. Sync a tiny playlist from iTunes to the iPod just to make sure it worked
4. Uncheck the option to launch iTunes when the iPod is connected
5. Eject the iPod
6. Start MB (had to right-click on the MB icon and "Run as Administrator")
7. Connect the iPod

I was then able to sync music onto my iPod using MB like before.