Author Topic: EventGhost (remote control and event listener)  (Read 63920 times)

Pako

I suppose that the point 2 is resolved.
So I will return to point 1. Yes now I understand it.
MediaMonkey plugin I know very well. That would be weird otherwise, because I wrote it.  ;)

MB and MM plugins can not have exactly the same options, because MM API and MB API are quite different.
But I hope it will be possible to somehow solve it.
It seems that it could be possible to use the API method Playlist_SetFiles.
I can not find anything else. I have to try it. I do not know how it works.
If it adds tracks to the playlist, then it will be easy.
Otherwise, it would probably be only a workaround and we had to ask for an extension API for the new method.

But I have to apologize. Now in June I do not have time. I'll be able to start working on it until July.

Pako

laluprasad

Thanks Pako....I really appreciate your time and effort. 

Pako

Quote from: boroda74
Here is plugin wiki template page. Please fill it with actual plugin info.
I thank you very much for reminding me. I know about it.
However, I have a test tomorrow (Pearson VUE) and I have to prepare.
As soon as I'll have time, I'll do it immediately.

Pako

boroda

Pako

Pako, thank you for maintaining wiki page!
No need to thank. On the contrary, I thank you for your interest in it. :)

Pako

Pako

New version (0.0.3) released.
3 new actions added:
Code
Library command:           Set file tag
Now playing list command:  Set file tag
Now playing command:       Set file tag
Now you can (for example) set a rating using remote control.

Pako

Jkesnk

Just read the thread the other day...downloaded everything and got EventGhost to work....I'm trying to set it so I can skip to 'Next Track','Previous Track" and volume up and down....These are simple...but I can't seem to find a way to set them up....If you could show me how.....that would be great....I am very interested in this remote program for my iPhone...because MB doesn't have anything that I know of for the iPhone....any help would be great..........Thanks for the program....
                                                                    Jake

Pako

Quote from: Jkesnk
These are simple...but I can't seem to find a way to set them up....If you could show me how.....that would be great....
Can you please clarify, what you need help with?
Please use simple and understandable sentences.
My English is unfortunately weak.

Pako

Jkesnk

I am playing a song and want to skip to next song...how do I set a button in EventGhost on my iPhone to do that...I want the music to be louder .. how do I set the buttons in EventGhost on my iPhone for more volume....

Pako

Unfortunately I do not have an iPhone.
But I know one application for the iPhone that can work with EventGhost.
This is EventPhone .
I am afraid that there is no other option.
You have installed EventPhone?

Pako

Pako

I realized that here's at least one more option (outside EventPhone). It is even independent of the type of smartphone, so it also works for Android and Windows 8:
You can use (EventGhost) plugin HTTP menu.
Here is a small guide on how to do it step by step (of course I assume that you have installed the plugin MusicBee):
1.) You must download the plugin HTTP menu and the file __ init__.py place into (EventGhost) subdirectory ...\plugins\HTTPmenu.
2.) Restart EventGhost
3.) Download MusicBee-SimpleRemote.xml and open it in EventGhost (File\Open ...)
4.) Double-click the node "HTTP menu: Start HTTP server: MusicBee simple remote ...". The following window opens:
5.) There you have to select the network interface that is connected to the same network as your iPhone and a suitable port (eg. 8008)
6.) Save the changed configuration and restart EventGhost
7.) In EventGhost log you will see a line similar to this:

8.) Now you have to write the same IP address and port to the browser. It should load a page like this:

9.) If everything is ok, you can remotely control MusicBee.

Pako

derausgewanderte

Pako, that looks great!! Windows Phone 8 here and will try this ASAP and report back.
the mb_WWWserver.dll plugin works well except it doesn't allow volume control.

edit1: works, after I figured out to follow your instructions step by step and actually read the ones you included in the installer of the MB plugin ;)
One thing I didn't find is that the path for MB has be to set in EG.

Doesn't look as nice as the mb_WWWserver plugin with album art, but having the vol up and down and mute is better.

thank you for another option to control my MB from my WP8 Pako.
Now trying to change the appearance of the buttons on the html page as they are way too small on my Lumia 920.

terrific!!
Last Edit: July 19, 2013, 04:20:22 AM by derausgewanderte

Pako

... One thing I didn't find is that the path for MB has be to set in EG.
Great!
I am very pleased that my work was not in vain.
Yes you are right, I forgot to set the path to MusicBee.
So for others - the following point you need to do (preferably between points 3 and 4):
Double-click the node Plugin: MusicBee.
You should see a similar dialog:

If the path is not found automatically, do it manually. Then click OK to confirm the change.

Remember that this is the only EXAMPLE. You can customize the menu to your needs.

Pako

derausgewanderte

it works great after I start EG and MB. It works maybe for 2-3 commands but then I lose all control over html and cannot access the page. Sometimes a restart of the browser on the phone works, most times it doesn't.

As soon as I restart EG on the PC it works again, so I must assume it's a communication problem between phone browser and EG. I have no such issues with the mb_WWWserver plugin. Possibly a problem with EG running on Win8 64bit? I changed the port and made sure it's open in the firewall. Knowing that it works for some time but then gets stuck indicates that port should not be an issue. Further evidence is that the other plugin works fine. Don't know, but had to go back to other plugin since it's not functional for me at this point.
If anybody has suggestions I'd love to hear them.
Pako, thank you again. But I tried to figure out how to customize the menu but didn't know how to.

thanks again