Author Topic: Mobile web plugin  (Read 65773 times)

kogash

After updating try to refresh the page pressing control + f5. On both now playing and search pages...

lnminente

(Also try running Firefox without addons enabled. If you have noscript running check if its blocking some javascript)

V4lve

After updating try to refresh the page pressing control + f5. On both now playing and search pages...

That worked! Thanks.

kogash

In case it works as inspiration or safety ideas i share with you this link: http://www.addictivetips.com/android/retune-allows-remote-control-of-itunes-playback-from-android/

I REALLY like the pairing pattern! I have an idea to make it very strong: lets supose

BEWARE... DENSE READING :D  :D
User U have a device D wanting to control musicbee M, so user starts musicbee M and goes to a "device pairing screen" presses ADD NEW and it shows a "WAITING FOR DEVICE"  screen
user U picks up device D and pushes the "PAIR SERVER" option so device D asks musicbee for pair initate and sends it's "device id and name"
 M receives the pairing asking and returns a random generated challenge to D and  shows a pin code to U.
D receives the challenge and asks U for pin
D sends hash(challenge+pin) to M
M compares to it's own hash(challenge+pin) and if it's ok sends a a random prekey to D
D receives random prekey and stores hash(random prekey+pin) as his FINAL PAIRING KEY with that server
M stores hash(random prekey + pin) as FINAL PAIRING KEY with that device id/name

END OF SPEC

So as pin nor final pairing key is ever sent , so it's eavesdroping safe and we can use it even on unsafe networks. User experience wise he has only to input a pin on his device or web browser the first time he wishes to pair musicbee to the controler wich seems me no too much burden

When a device wants to use api he must first call "logon" and this sends a challenge that must be responded hashing final paring key + challenge if that's ok server sends a cookie that is it's session id

lnminente

Glad you liked it. I give you one idea i just had thinking about the pairing codes, think would be interesting giving different rights to different users, for example your device could have all the rights to fully enjoy your app, you could rate songs, delete, etc... but invited people to your flat would only be able to select next songs or very safe actions, never could have the rights for modifying any of your music files unless they press a button which ask for a code for higher rights, and you would give them personally a code generated in you computer with some level of rights associated. The server could have the option to allow "invited people" to execute the safe actions with or without a code. I think it would give a very good balance of safety and functionality to the administrator :)

Roadrunner

Bingo! The strange thing is, on the search pages I have to do this every first time after reopening firefox...

kogash

Bingo! The strange thing is, on the search pages I have to do this every first time after reopening firefox...

I don't use firefox usually but let me have a look at it, that is not the expected behaviour :P

mtone

Really nice work so far, thanks! I like to rate most tracks in MusicBee. I sometimes take a nap listening to an album and feel sad to have to get up to set a rating - especially on a great track I want to remember! So this app is perfect for this use case.

However I'm using an iPod Touch 3g (with latest software updates) and I'm having troubles with the ratings. Sometimes (say 10-15%) it works right away, but I usually need to set the rating again up to 4 or 5 times before Musicbee "picks it up". Whenever it does works, the update is instantaneous in both music bee and in the plugin.

It works fine on my desktop (even tried with Safari for Windows just in case it would be related - no problems there).

Using 0.3.3b. Any ideas?

derausgewanderte

wonderful plugin. Thank you so much for your hard work. This is more than I actually needed, but as always, if you get what you ask for you may want more ;)
I am using a Windows Phone 8 device and I am accessing MB from IE10

a) I have experienced similar problems as others with the search. It only works if I do a refresh everytime I do a search.
b) Also, when tap on Add to play list I receive a confirmation that the song has been added to the list. Is it possible to remove that?
c) Once it added a song it jumps right back to Now Playing. Is it possible to keep it in the search window? Often I'd like to add more and have to run through the cycle again before I can do that.
d) When in the Play list, is it possible to play the song I tap? I only see Download or View lyrics. Maybe I am missing something simple.
e) probably has been asked before (apologies). Is it possible to include a volume control?

but again, I am asking for something I didn't even think of before. Very much appreciated.
cheers
Last Edit: February 16, 2013, 08:18:40 PM by derausgewanderte

spartan

Excellent idea.
A novel idea for parties and such is an NFC tag (for those who have the tech) to just swipe by it and instantly jump to the webpage with no real work of typing the ip, etc.
If not for that, just print out a qr code and have them scan it real quick for the same effect.

globulus

Hi,

first thanks for this plugin, really nice.

I have an issue with download on now playing screen, it's not working, tried with IE, Safari and FF, same issue, error message "Undefined" will show on screen.
But it's working when I'm on playlist. 
I'm using Seven.
Any idea ???

Cheers.

quick_wango

• Software Engineer

boroda

derausgewanderte

please add a vol control and it'd be perfect.
thank you for the great plugin.
cheers