Author Topic: Skinning Requests  (Read 202806 times)

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8878 P
My view on that is not that many people use this feature and those who are interested will seek it out and so try the right click menu.
With it in the right click menu, it is much clearer because you see both options with one ticked and something you cant accidentally select so easily without realising what you are doing.

As Steven has intimated that the right-click menu is the most likely way he will go with this, my suggestion was to re-use existing icons as a visual indicator for what mode you are in.  I'm not suggesting that there would be two, separate, clickable icons.
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

endeavour1934

does anyone have any suggestions about how best to do it?

definitely not suggesting it's the best, but I did have this idea;

The other right-click option for the panel (Customise Panel Settings) could be incorporated into that button as well.
I think something like this should work. Clicking on the icon could open a menu with the options:
? Playing Track
? Selected Track
Customize Panel

Also the icon should be customizable. I think some icons on Musicbee should be like the Ellipsis button on Android.

hiccup

@Bee-liever:
I understand that.
I just opposed against another button.
If we would  follow that road, we could have ten more of those in several other MusicBee panel headers.

Looking again at my own suggestion I feel that that would be a very good solution.
It frees the space Steven would like to, (I think) it looks very good, it shows the current status, and it also indicates (and invites) that you can click it to toggle.
And at mouse hover-over, it  could have a tool tip 'playing/selected' showing up.

In my opinion a right click menu would be a big step back.

Alumni

For my ideal layout I would like to be able keep the playing track bar and hide the tabs bar.
The reason I say that is because I only want a separator/buffer between the now playing list and the album artwork below it.
I wouldn't mind right clicking the bar to change tabs or switch from playing to selected tracks... but maybe that's just me.

Steven

• Administrator
i am planning to remove the bar and replace it with 2 icons on the left and possibly center the tabs. I have a good idea for the Playing Tracks icon that wont cause confusion with the playing track speaker icon.
I guess if there is only one tab enabled then just a blank gap could be displayed

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Just revisiting the wish to be able to skin this pop-up:

Or merge it with this one which is already fully skinned and functionally almost identical:

MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Steven

• Administrator
just an update on this. I am now back looking at these requests but i have changed plans and wont do anything more than simple changes. For the next version i plan to look at a few more substantial skin enhancements including the windows 10 style, and horizontal layout for the left sidebar
Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 10:03:56 PM by Steven

Steven

• Administrator
given the discussions over here: http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=14941.0
i think i will not do any skin enhancements for this musicbee version unless there is something you really want and is simple to do

Bee-liever

unless there is something you really want and is simple to do
definitely this one I posted in bugs
and maybe this one if it's easy enough.

Bee-liever

for when skinning items are on the go again:

you were once able to override the 'Cancel' and 'Wait Indicator' elements with
Code
<element id="Delete">CODE</element>
and
Code
<element id="Wait Indicator">CODE</element>

Could they please be re-activated.
Last Edit: February 17, 2015, 03:05:21 AM by Bee-liever

endeavour1934

EDIT: added a screenshot with most of the non-skinable elements I could find:

Plus the "close" and "play" buttons on the extended album view

EDIT 2: Ok, I've found that the check tick uses the "Checktick" transparency.

Last Edit: March 07, 2015, 08:01:53 PM by endeavour1934

Steven

• Administrator
i will look at these for the next version. For v2.5 i can probably add
"Concerts"
"TrackExplorer"
for the 2 navigator icons

stevem99

I would like to request the ability to set color and perhaps the thickness of the artist splitter line. This is the line that when you have the tracks grouped by artist, a line appears between the artsit name and the tracks of that artist. I can see it now faintly but it would be nice to make it more visible. Thanks.

sleepless

Would it be possible to enable a border for element id="Panel.Body.Lowlight"?

It's already enabled for these:
  element id="Panel.ChildBody.Lowlight"
  element id="Content[TrackDetail].Body.Lowlight"
  element id="FilterPanel.Lowlight"
  element id="ColumnBrowser.Lowlight"

I feel the skin will look more consistant if this element has a border also. (Unless it already does, but is not being displayed for my skin, in which case please let me know). Thanks.

hiccup

When an album is selected in artwork view, it gets a highlighting border.
When you click it so to open the extended panel, that border disappears.
I feel that that highlighting border should stay, since the album is still selected.