Author Topic: Skinning Requests  (Read 202681 times)

lnminente

Thumbs working right, thanks Steven. Thinking about doing the interface simpler i would like to do softer buttons for the scrollbar. And would be interesting if when the mouse is over the scrollbar button we could highlight it using a color with bigger contrast.
That's how currently works with Notepad++, Firefox, Chrome, etc You can see how it works in any of them.
Last Edit: January 26, 2014, 10:05:46 PM by lnminente

Steven

• Administrator
as mentioned the default icons have been updated:
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V2_3/MusicBee_Exe_Patched.zip

Any new requests will probably not be done until the next version

endeavour1934

Small bug:

The small arrow gets its color from Panel.SectionHeader.Default, but should get it from the new element Content[Artwork].Header

Steven

• Administrator

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
@scampbll, for 1) i am aware of this and its also the same for when a lot of plugins are used in the preferences. Its quite a bit of effort to skin the scrollbars and i just didnt think the frequency of use of those panels justified the effort
2) i have added this override for lists displayed in dialog windows. It still takes the overall list border from input controls so they are consistent
<element id="Controls.ListHeader" bg="255,0,0" bg2="0,100,200" fg="255,210,255" />
3) i have changed
4) i have changed so they should be consistent now in the tabs panel/ border - but there are two contexts musicbee uses for tabs so for some cases it uses a "parent" colour scheme and others a "child" colour scheme

1) Fair enough :)
2-4) great, thanks!

p.s. I think I've added all the new elements to http://musicbee.wikia.com/wiki/Skinning_Elements, but if somebody wants to double-check, that'd be great.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

mikebo

Two bugs:
1. When the left panel is hidden the navigator panel (address, search etc.) shifts 1px to the left.
2. When "UseSquareCaptionBorders" is enabled (top image) there is some sort of glow around the maximized window

Request:

3. Menu checkbox and radio button should be the same color as text and elements: "Menu.DropDownCheckBox.Default"; "Menu.DropDownCheckBoxBorder.Default"; "Menu.DropDownCheckBox.Highlight" could be removed.
Last Edit: January 27, 2014, 06:16:26 AM by mikebo

redwing

Is it possible to place "refresh" button between "forward" button and address bar? Then the button would be always visible and easier to click. If not possible currently, could you provide such a setting element?

redwing

Menu.DropDown.HighlightText leaves out small arrows in sub-menu.

Steven

• Administrator
Is it possible to place "refresh" button between "forward" button and address bar? Then the button would be always visible and easier to click. If not possible currently, could you provide such a setting element?
you could create a tool button using "General: Refresh"

Steven

• Administrator
Menu.DropDown.HighlightText leaves out small arrows in sub-menu.
unfortunately i dont have control over that

edit:
yes i do! its changed for the next v2.3 update
Last Edit: January 27, 2014, 07:17:30 PM by Steven

Steven

• Administrator
Two bugs:
1. When the left panel is hidden the navigator panel (address, search etc.) shifts 1px to the left.
2. When "UseSquareCaptionBorders" is enabled (top image) there is some sort of glow around the maximized window
they are fixed for the next v2.3 update

redwing

Thanks! It's fixed.

So how to override the unknown artist & no artwork pics of thumbnail browser? Pasting a pic doesn't work either.

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8849 P
could an optional alpha channel be added to the icon colour override please

<element id="Panel.CommandIconOverride" fg="90,245,0,0" />

this would allow some of the details of the icons to show through, and not just be total silhouettes.
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

KissCool

1. "Content[TrackDetail].Body.Default" bg value draw a line here:
(Right under "Now Playing" in the top of the right panel)

Could you fix this plz? Maybe your new element "Sidebar.Body.Default" should override this line.

2. Could we have an element for [TrackDetail] view (and [AlbumAndTracks]) that works exactly like <element id="Content[Artwork].Body.Default" bg="250,250,250" fg="17,17,17" /> does?
I mean <element id="Content[Artwork].Body.Default" bg="250,250,250" fg="17,17,17" /> only affect the Artwork area.
The new [TrackDetail] element would only affect the same area (without affecting Column Browser, Thumbnail Browser, and Now playing when docked in left/right panel). e.g.:
 - new element override other [TrackDetail] elements if this new element exist in the skin xml file
 - Column/Thumbnail browers and Now Playing keep using "Content[TrackDetail].Body.Default" and "Content[TrackDetail].ListAlternating.Default"
This way, old skins wouldn'f be affected.
 - "Sidebar.Body.Default" should override Now Playing when docked in right/left panel.
Or maybe Column Browser, Thumbnail Browser and Now Playing should have their own element.

Here few SS. [Artwork] view is what I'd like to achieve but I can't do it with [TrackDetail] or [AlbumAndTracks] view.
Column Browser: [Artwork] view vs. [TrackDetail] view
vs.

Thumbnail Brower: [Artwork] view vs. [TrackDetail] view
vs.

Right Panel: [Artwork] view vs. [TrackDetail] view
vs.

Not a big deal if you can't do it. But what bothers me the most is:
 - This line under Now Playing
 - "Sidebar.Body.Default" should override Now Playing when docked in right/left panel.