Author Topic: Skinning Requests  (Read 202860 times)

Alexis

I would like to have my library area as one single color separated by lines such as seen below.  Is there an element that would apply this between each song row?  This is regarding Track Detail view

This would obviously offer a sort of 3d effect in the library view.
(I always have a hard time  feeling complete satisfaction on the alternate color in libraries, and find that this addresses the distinction needed very well for me)
Last Edit: August 22, 2012, 06:23:55 AM by Steven
They are not lazy... just more efficient.

Steven

• Administrator
i will be looking at a couple of skin enhancements over the next week or two and will include this

Steven

• Administrator
no i split the topic but for some reason its appeared back on the New Skin elements topic but i want to keep that topic for notifications only

Thorbjorn

1) Being able to skin "playing/selected track" in track details panel.
Currently it is linked to the Track and Artist panel header.

2) A margin setting to move tabs in titlebar down to remove the line between tabs and player

3) Getting all tabs to look and behave the same.
I think it would be nice if all the tabs could be configured to look the same (view tabs, track details panel, track and artist panel, library explorer). Right now it seems some of the tabs can skin some items, and only for some "states" (chosen tab, hover, not in use).
Would be great if it was possible to change color for: background, font, border
for all 3 tab states, in all places that have tabs.

lnminente

4) The hability of having a different color for at least the active tab if the player controls are on top
http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=6916.0

2 too) The dark line between tabs on top and player controls on top http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=5939.msg39832#msg39832

5) Hability of changing the loved icons using colour codes, the same than we can do with stars: http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=6890.msg39642#msg39642

6) And the currently playing song color for an easier localization of that track in http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=6831.msg39927#msg39927

jistme

7. color elements for 'new tab','browse back','browse forward','refresh' icons

8. independent color elements for miniplayer controls, volume, min/maximize etc. (now mostly follows id ="Player" settings)

9. the abilty to control/disable transparency aplied to sidebar player controls background

jistme

10. Elements to enable different (independent) background colors (body) for library, now playing, and track browser panels.

Steven

• Administrator
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V2/MusicBee_Exe_Patched.zip

these have been done (i have some time tomorrow and will do some more but definitely wont do all of these)

to display horizontal lines for each row in the main and now playing panel:
  <element id="Content[TrackDetail].ItemSeparatorLine" fg="0,200,10" />
  <element id="Content[AlbumAndTracks].ItemSeparatorLine" fg="255,10,10" />

to adjust the position of the tabs bar when docked in the caption bar - although i made some changes to the default and suggest you check the new behavior before changing this
  <element id="TabsInCaptionOffset">1</element>

to override the Playing/Selected Track bar in the Now Playing panel:
  <element id="NowPlayingPanel.TabSelector.Default" bg="240,20,240" bg2="225,225,25" fg="0,0,0" bdr="20,220,220" />
  <element id="NowPlayingPanel.TabSelector.Highlight" bg="20,20,200" />
  <element id="NowPlayingPanel.TabSelector.Lowlight" bg="220,20,220" fg="160,10,160" />

to override the tabs bar when docked in the caption bar and the player is docked at the top:
  <element id="TabsBar.TabInCaptionBarTop.Default" bg="15,215,215" fg="30,30,130" bdr="170,10,170" />
  <element id="TabsBar.TabInCaptionBarTop.Highlight" bg="145,245,5" fg="220,220,20" bdr="10,10,190" />

for bitmap skins only, to override the location of the track progress text - it will split the progress to the left of the progress bar and the duration to the right of the progress bar (see the beeTunes skin). Normally you would set the Y offset to 0 but you might want to change it.
  <element id="PlayerSplitProgressYOffset">0</element>

jistme

11. seperate elements for track info & tab selector (now shared with library explorer)

Alexis

Thank you for the update Steven.  I am very excited!
Update:  They seem good enough for me here.

Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 04:57:36 AM by C. Alexis

Alexis

Maybe i just need to choose a different color in album and tracks. but wanted to share the current anyway.  Will play around..  Thanks for creating this thread by the way.

Update:

Never mind..  This works great.  My problem was my line was too much of a contrast.   I will update the picture later for whatever it may be worth.. when I am done tweaking.  I do not know if I am gonna be able to maintain a skin (because I likely would not understand requests or how to fix issues :)  ), but will try to offer what I have to the board just in case someone wants it.

Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 04:29:34 AM by C. Alexis

lnminente

That's nice, i post a picture of the same skin but differencing with the player docked to the top and to the bottom, restarts where needed to update the metrics:

I think i have found a bug: The offset changes when the player controls are docked at the top
It could be related with this one http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=6036.msg36001#msg36001
Take a look to the picture posted, "TabsInCaptionOffset" is set to 1 but the offset is different in both captures depending where player controls are docked to.

Steven

• Administrator
7. color elements for 'new tab','browse back','browse forward','refresh' icons
they can be already by overriden using:
Panel.HeaderButtonOverride.Default

Steven

• Administrator
this has the change for setting the text colours for the playing track, but implemented as a user preference in Preferences/ Now Playing/ playback ...
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V2/MusicBee_Exe_Patched.zip

Alexis

Custom color for the playing track is a very nice touch.  Thank you.
I should add that  when one selects that option though.. the track is not followed. 

IE:  If i am playing track 1, and the next track is track 500, it would visually show me track 1 in the library area, instead of following to track 500. The desired outcome is so when 'select track' is chosen over color text.   So, seems it should be select track AND color text.
Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 10:41:17 PM by C. Alexis