Author Topic: Drag and Drop the currently playing track to a playlist  (Read 6635 times)

paq

My wish:

I wish I could drag a track by clicking the artwork in the Now Playing Panel, or the song title in the Player Controls Panel, and then be able to drop it onto a playlist in the Navigator Panel or into the playlist shown in the Main Panel.

The areas marked with red is what I suggest is to be "drag-able".:

I can see two situations where this would come in handy:
1. You are currently listening to a track and in the Main Panel you are viewing a playlist which does not have the track but you think it should. You drag the track into the playlist.
2. You want to place the currently playing track into several playlists while browsing a website, another playlist or something else you wish to keep in the Main Panel. You could then drag the track onto those playlists while keeping the Main Panel intact.

As of now you need to "locate playing track at source" by double clcking the track title in the Player Controls Panel, and then drag the track to where you want. To get back to where you were in the main panel you would either have it stored in another tab or get there by the Back button.

For example, the music player Spotify uses this and its really comfortable :)

ma_t14

Seems pretty handy and it does not interfere with any other already implemented functionality

+1
Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 04:36:56 PM by ma_t14

Zak

• Global Moderator
Probably easier to implement would be to just add the Send To menu to the right-click context menu in the two highlighted places.
As well as a playlist, this would let you send the playing track to an MP3 player, another application, your library...
Bee excellent to each other...

ma_t14

Probably easier to implement would be to just add the Send To menu to the right-click context menu in the two highlighted places.
As well as a playlist, this would let you send the playing track to an MP3 player, another application, your library...

Good idea as well

Steven

• Administrator
this allows the track in the player panel and the now playing artwork to be dragged as any file drag operation.
Also for the player panel a "Send To" menu is now available. There is one downside when dragging from the player panel, and that is if the playing text exceeds the panel width, clicking on the text also toggles the scrolling of the text

http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V2/MusicBee_Exe_Patched.zip

Zak

• Global Moderator
Sorry, but I've found an error.  :(
The new Send To menu from the Now Playing panel operates on the selected file, not the playing file.
Bee excellent to each other...

ma_t14

Sorry, but I've found an error.  :(
The new Send To menu from the Now Playing panel operates on the selected file, not the playing file.

Confirmed

paq

Thank you Steven! MusicBee just keeps getting better for every update :)