Author Topic: Track browser columns width  (Read 5955 times)

lnminente

I wonder if we could adjust manually the width of columns in trackbrowser. The simplest for you Steven the best, it's good if i have to edit the ini file for setting a fixed width.
I just would like reducing the width of the rating and year(yyyy) columns, any solution is good.

jistme

Inminente and me seem to share some requests and challenges lately ;-)

I was also missing/wishing for an option to be able to 'freeze' the width of certain columns, so they are not affected anymore when adjusting others.

So +1

ma_t14

Nice request! +1

Columns such "Loved", "Playcount" and "Track Number" would certainly benefit from this

EDIT

Oops, I thought you were talking about the main view. Nevermind  ::)

Pedrozo

I think, MB should have the manual constant wide columns option. Wide in pixels for each column like WMP have.

lnminente

@Jistme: That's truth :D
@Ma_t14: For main panel i disable "Preferences\layout\automatically fit displayed columns". Anyway this same request could stablish a permanent width for a field being in main panel or being in track browser.

Actually my complete wish which i didn't write for complexity was the columns in track browser working very similar than in main panel, being able to be moved and resized. Track browser filtering only works from left to right, so for conveniency sometimes i would like to drag and drop a column to the left for a easier filtering. For example if you want to know what artists do you have with songs in 1980-1989 rated with 4-5 stars, showing the results easily in the last artist column.

EDIT: Anyone feel free to discuss about columns here, being in track browser or not.
Last Edit: April 21, 2012, 06:37:48 PM by lnminente

mikebo

This +1. Also columns containing numbers (track, playcount etc.) should be right aligned.

SimonBRT

+1 Being able to resize track browser columns the same way as in the main panel would be useful.

leehomwang277

+1, the column browser would definitely benefit through being able to resize columns independently.

Alumni

+1

I use the column browser vertically, so I'd like to be able to re-size the columns separately, either stacked or side-by-side.