Author Topic: Reload inbox  (Read 9864 times)

jbee

My wish: I would like to have a "Reload inbox" feature; button or menu command.

--

I use the inbox feature of MusicBee for newly downloaded / ripped music, MusicBee monitors certain folders for this (continuously).
One of my monitored folders is on my NAS (a network share), and it doesn't seem to update properly (but locally watched folders do).

I saw something somewhat related here: Network share continuous monitoring.

I don't know if it's a bug or what not, but a simple solution for now would be the possibility to "reload inbox"; just a click-able icon next to the inbox indicating "reload action", or maybe a menu item on the right-click menu of the inbox; "Reload inbox". This would also be helpful for people who otherwise have checked the option to only scan for new files on start up (meaning, "reload inbox" will make restarting MusicBee unnecessary).

I should also mention that F5 or the "Reload button" in the browser navigation doesn't work.

Analien

+1.
I've noticed that sometimes the inbox is very slow to detect new files and sometimes it won't detect them at all. Several is the times that MB failed to detect several albums. I had to cut these folders, paste them elsewhere, cut 'em again and paste them into the watched Inbox-folder, then MB detected them.
It's worthy to note that my XP is not up to date regarding updates 'n fixes so it may or may not have to do with this, because before my reinstall of XP a couple of weeks ago MB detected files as it should. I just wish that, like you do, there were a reload inbox-feature. It would be nice if it could remove dead links also. F5 and the reload-button doesn't work for me either, I don't think it's supposed to be a function for this.

Steven

• Administrator
i have changed the F5 button, or clicking the Refresh button to additionally scan monitored folders
its done for the next version 2 update

ma_t14

Can the change be optional please?

I wouldn't like the F5 key to be scanning every time I press it, and frankly there are many cases  where pressing it is needed.

*To collapse hidden tracks in Album&Tracks view when that option is enabled
*When you update the album art for an album the new album art is not immediately shown in album&tracks view and you have to press f5 to make it appear.
*When having a tag manager filter active and you make a change to correct the tracks (e.g. missing year) you have to press F5 to make those tracks no longer appear in the main panel

Surely there are other things I might have forgotten but Steven you get the idea. It would be needless to scan for new files every time the situation requires the press of th F5 key. On the other hand another solution would be to resolve the above issues. Have a dedicated button to collapse tracks, automatically update the main panel after updating the artwork and in the same way update it after making a change in the tag filter view.
Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 04:00:04 PM by ma_t14

Steven

• Administrator
it adds about 50ms to the refresh time in my case but for someone who is monitoring a large number of folders or a network share i might be noticable, so what i will do is only activate the extra reload if the Ctrl key is held down which is sort of consistent with how browsers work. I will add a hot-key as well to make it a bit more discoverable

Steven

• Administrator
this has a hotkey for Refresh + Rescan monitored folders:
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V2/MusicBee_Exe_Patched.zip

also holding the Ctrl key down when clicking the refresh button or Ctrl-F5 does the same