Author Topic: Linux installer?  (Read 6719 times)

allforcarrie

I would like a copy of musicbee for linux. I couldn't get it to run in WINE.

Maleko12

As of now, MB is only made to work for Windows. I'm sure that versions for Mac and Linux are quite a ways off (I would put an ETA, but I don't want to speak for Steven).

Steven

• Administrator
definitely a long way off, if ever at all

VX

IMHO, there is no reason why MB should be ported to Linux. I like free OSes very much and Linux was my primary OS of choice for about 5 years. That's why I'm quite sure there is no better alternative to an audio player for Linux than Amarok  :) This project is well maintained by the team at: http://amarok.kde.org/ and AFAIK has all the features most users need for playing and effectively managing any audio content. After switching to Windows 7 I was looking for the app which could give me the usability similar to Amarok. And I've finally found it ! MusicBee is best music manager and player for Windows and let it be  :)

Steven

• Administrator

Steven

• Administrator
mono is the linux software that allows applications built with .NET (as musicbee is) to run on linux, but with many .NET applications there are so many dependencies on windows API's that there is little chance of it working without substantial rework - hence the 2 blondes laughing at the idea !

Rotem K.

mono is the linux software that allows applications built with .NET (as musicbee is) to run on linux, but with many .NET applications there are so many dependencies on windows API's that there is little chance of it working without substantial rework - hence the 2 blondes laughing at the idea !

Programmers...  ::)

VX

I see  :) Indeed, brilliant comment, ferongr ;D

Maleko12

A rare chance to see Steven in a(n) humorous mode  ;)

But I'll assume that the only way MB will be ported to Linux/Mac is if someone else steps up to the plate... but then that would slow things down for MB for Windows.
Hmmmmm...

Steven

• Administrator