Author Topic: Library Auto-Organise: COPY instead of MOVE files  (Read 2134 times)

rupertbear

Hello,

I was wondering if there was a way to get musicbee to make duplicates of my .flac / log / cue / artwork.jpg files when going from my inbox to my actual library, that way I have two instances of the album on my hard drive... one with musicbee's directory structure (which will be referenced for playback) and one with the original directory of when I ripped the CD to my hard drive (for reference purposes).

I remember this being as simple as checking a box in iTunes. I can't seem to figure it out on musicbee, though.

Any help or tips greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!

CritterMan

• Now with FiiO M11!
If you are using auto-organize, not that I'm aware of. But, you can make your own copy. Store your originally ripped files in a folder not monitored by MB, then copy the files into a monitored folder so those copies go into your inbox. This is also useful advice for people who are having issues with MB interrupting their torrent seeding  ;)
Home Desk ~ MB 3.3 Portable • Questyle CMA400i (ASIO) • Sennheiser HD 660S (balanced) / Audeze EL-8 Closed Back / Fostex TR-X00 Ebony • Teac AI-101DA • Jamo C93 + Dayton Audio SUB-1000
Work Desk ~ MB 3.3 Portable / Tidal • SMSL SU-8 v2 • Nobsound NS-05P • THX AAA 789 • Sennheiser HD 58X (balanced)
OTG ~ FiiO M11 • Audiofly AF180 / B&O H6

boroda

its possible, but its NOT ui setting, you need to edit mb settings file in text editor. i don't remember what the file is and the setting name in the file. but Steven intensionally have hidden this setting from ui as this option caused many problems and i'd recommend you to follow CritterMan's advise.

rupertbear

If you are using auto-organize, not that I'm aware of. But, you can make your own copy. Store your originally ripped files in a folder not monitored by MB, then copy the files into a monitored folder so those copies go into your inbox. This is also useful advice for people who are having issues with MB interrupting their torrent seeding  ;)

Well, I think I'll probably have to go this route as I don't want to mess about with any non UI settings. Not to worry about my torrenting... I have a seedbox for that. ;)

Thanks!

rupertbear

its possible, but its NOT ui setting, you need to edit mb settings file in text editor. i don't remember what the file is and the setting name in the file. but Steven intensionally have hidden this setting from ui as this option caused many problems and i'd recommend you to follow CritterMan's advise.

I definitely don't want to mess about with non UI settings. Thanks for your help!