Author Topic: Empty tracks invisible?  (Read 2297 times)

annomatik

Hi! When I go to "[Empty]" in the Artist column, it only shows me two items. The thing is, the Artist-column says, that there are 26 tracks. So where can I see the other 24 tracks?

Thanks!

Steven

• Administrator
it does look like a bug. If you select "All Artists" and sort by artist, how many tracks with no artist are there?

annomatik

Exactly two artists.

I did some work with the "Tag Explorer" for a couple of tracks that were full of "Tag Spam" and for them, kept entries like the one below, because I do not know what the "WXXX" tag does.

1) is there a reference of MP3 tags somewhere?
2) Might that be related to the problem?
3) Should I remove these tags?

Funnily Enough, the album has 21 tracks, so it's already quite a lot of these "empty artists" if true.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
This explains ID3 tags: http://id3.org/id3v2.4.0-frames

But I think you can safely delete WXXX.  You can pretty much delete any frame if the content isn't meaningful to you.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

annomatik

Ok. I've deleted the (empty) mixer / remixer tags in that album, and [Empty] came down to 6 tracks... Do you have ideas, where the other 4 not listed might be?

Steven

• Administrator
if you are sorting by artist with no filters in place and only 2 tracks show with no artist then those are the only tracks with no artist. However one other possibility is you have a "display artist" tag set but nothing in the artist tag itself. So try displaying the "Artists" (note the plural) field and sort on that

annomatik

No, that's not it either. Tried Artists -- all the Artists are filled out in all the tracks.