I'll preface this by saying that I do 508 compliance testing as part of my work as a contractor to an American Federal Agency. 508 compliance is a set of requirements that software must meet as part of the Americans with Disabilities Act. The part I usually work with is software. Most of the items in the list have to do with alternative use of the software for people with low / impaired vision, or physical access challenges. Part of this is that you have to be able to navigate the software without relying on a single method of input.
I find myself being unable to use a mouse sometimes, and still want to play with my music. I think this is how I got stuck with doing the 508 compliance in the first place.
Anyway, I've noticed these issues with using the keyboard as the only means of interaction. I have very little customization, and am using version 3.0.6190. The first items are individual key navigation items that I can't get to work. The tab order issues can probably be explained. Thanks for your time and attention.
--Can't open the context menu anywhere using the Keyboard's "Menu Key."
--Can't open the main menu using the Alt key.
--Left/Right keyboard navigation does not move the focused tag field in the track view.
--"Ctrl + F4" does not close an unpinned tab.
--In "Artist View," can't tab to the list of artists.
--My obvserved tab order in Music view with colum browser
1. Colum 1
2. Colum 2
3. Colum 3
4. ? I can't change anything on the keyboard, but a few arrow key presses moves the cursor in the Library panel on the left. It then resets the tab order so that the next item is "1."
5. Without pressing arrow keys, Now Playing List
6. Main track list.
7. Back to one.
--My observed tab order In Music Explorer View,
1. Filter Panel. If I "Up Arrow" past the top list
2. Unknown, can't change anything with Arrow keys, enter or Space.
3. Album Thumbnails
4. Top Tracks by Rating panel
5. Unknown, can't change anything with Arrow keys, enter or Space.
6. Playing Tracks
7. Single tab, with Arrow keys, seems to be the same as number 5.
8. Double tab returns to item 1.
Dell Inspiron, i5, Win10 Anniversary, 8GB, 256GBSSD
MusicBee 3.0.6132 Portable on 2TB Seagate Backup Plus
64k Tracks, 900GB, 4628 Hours
MusicBee V. 3.0.6132 Portable