Author Topic: Linux  (Read 2909 times)

dainguhn1999

Can you please make it to Linux, PLEASEEEEE

hiccup

Can you please make it to Linux, PLEASEEEEE

Welcome to the forum dainguhn1999

If you had done a forum search first, you had known it is of no use making a wishlist request for this. It has been asked and answered many times already.

It is also addressed in MusicBee's f.a.q.:

"Will MusicBee be ported to Mac/Linux/other OS?
Steven has not definitively ruled it out, but it seems unlikely. Please don't make posts on the forum asking for it; there are many and they can be easily found by searching."

Some users have got it running under Linux though, you should be able to find info on that doing a forum search too.

hilpers

Sorry to be annoying

As many others I consider musicbee by far to be the best music manager and player out there. I have been using it for almost 8 years now.
One year ago I abandoned windows and migrated to Linux...for the most part. A step I did never regret. There are a couple of niches where I find the software available for Linux  to not be qualitativley satisfying though. This includes the field of music players and managers.

Is there any news on the potential of a Linux version in the future (without using wine)?
Could I support the development making this real?

Keep up this amazing work I quite miss a lot

phred

• Global Moderator
If you had done a forum search first, you had known it is of no use making a wishlist request for this. It has been asked and answered many times already.

Steven has not definitively ruled it out, but it seems unlikely. Please don't make posts on the forum asking for it; there are many and they can be easily found by searching."

Some users have got it running under Linux though, you should be able to find info on that doing a forum search too.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

hilpers

I just asked for an Update of that line of text I already knew.
I offered my help to make it happen... eventually.
Thanks anyway

swedishme

I was thinking about this? I dont know how it works but might it be possible anyway to port?
https ://visualgdb.com/tutorials/porting/linux/

phred

• Global Moderator
Search the forum. It's not going to be ported. But see Tips & Tricks for running it under WINE.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

swedishme

Yes i know it can be running thru' wine but i get better results with playonlinux. But it would be nice to make a real port instead of emulating it. :) (Running both linux and windows)

AvikB

I was thinking about this? I dont know how it works but might it be possible anyway to port? https ://visualgdb.com/tutorials/porting/linux/
Not going to work. It is for C++ project. MusicBee is written in VB.net. The only closest thing would be to port to mono. But it is a LOTS of work.