Author Topic: Disable Rating value click-ability in Tracks view (temporarily) ?  (Read 2123 times)

alec.tron

Heya,
I've had the occasional accidental/haphazard click which led to setting a new (unwanted) rating value...  is there a setting in MB to disable the 'click-ability' of the ratings column globally (yet still have it displayed) ?

Cheers.
c.

alec.tron

Since this does not seem to be possible (?) - could someone move this to 'wishlist' please ? Otherwise I would repost the same there at some point.
Cheers.
c.

hiccup

+1

I think it should adhere to the 'enable direct editing of tags in the main panel' setting.
And what I believe is a related malfunction: the rating can even be changed when MusicBee is in 'Locked Down' (party) mode.

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8878 P
I think it should adhere to the 'enable direct editing of tags in the main panel' setting.
Steven actually did that at the start of 3.0, but several users complained and so it was reverted to the old (current) behaviour.
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

hiccup

Steven actually did that at the start of 3.0, but several users complained and so it was reverted to the old (current) behaviour.

Hm, funny. Reading that back, it looks like it had been an oversight that it had been allowed for 2.5.
When it was done right (in my opinion) in 3.0, at one moment one user couldn't change the rating, since he had unknowingly disabled 'enable direct editing ...'
It looks like that was not a complaint, nor a request, but it was immediately reversed to the old 2.5 behavior anyway.