Author Topic: native track ids  (Read 3710 times)

boroda

Steven, what about native track id generation by mb? tag tools plugin now have new backup/restore functionality almost cmpleted and what is needed now for it is track ids.

Steven

• Administrator
i could do something for files that are in the inbox, audiobook and music library. Does that work for what you want to do?

edit:
it just occured to me you could just use the existing persistent id functionality you already use for GooglePlay or Apple Devices.
I could just add a new id type:
TagBackupRestore = 5
Last Edit: September 26, 2016, 08:09:09 PM by Steven

boroda

i could do something for files that are in the inbox, audiobook and music library. Does that work for what you want to do?
actually i need persistent ids for all tracks in all possible nodes/categories (i.e. music, videos, podcasts, audiobooks, etc.), -except for- inbox.

edit:
it just occured to me you could just use the existing persistent id functionality you already use for GooglePlay or Apple Devices.
I could just add a new id type:
TagBackupRestore = 5
yes, i could do it myself, but below is my old message about this:

hello, Steven! sorry for bothering you again. i'm now working on my next plugin 'backup & resore'. it will support manual saving/reading all or just selected tags to/from backup and automatic saving backups. also there will be 'tag history' context menu command for selected track which will display table with all saved tags for all dates. this great idea belongs to redwing.

mb has hidden custom tag which can store multiple track ids used by varios plugins. for example my ipod driver and google play music plugins are using this tag. now i have to write id generation system for the 3d time. unfortunately such system requires very many workarounds to make sure that id is generated for each track (eg. plugin can disabled for some time and new tracks can be added to library while plugin is disabled). of course i'm ready to do this and i can reuse parts of code from my previous plugins, but i'm beginning to think that it might be useful to have 'native' guid generated by mb itself for each track for other possible plugins in the future. what do you think about this?

Steven

• Administrator
if have added support for a musicbee persistent id (id type=0)
its assigned the first time Library_GetDevicePersistentId(url, 0) is called for any file that is in the library (incl. podcasts)
you cant use Library_SetDevicePersistentId(url)