Author Topic: Convert multiple mp3s to a single mp3  (Read 5546 times)

mcd78

Would be great to be able to convert multiple mp3s into one.  I use foobar for this at the moment and it is great when I want to listen to audiobooks on my iphone.  Thanks

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
+1
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

sarah777

+1

Also to reverse would be great, to slit mp3s into multiple files (preferably with silence detection).

StefanIvanovic

I think this could be done rather easily via script but ffmpeg would be required to be installed by the user, just as MP3 or AAC encoder must be user installed due to licensing and distribution restriction. There is actually a an example given here on Stackoverflow, script just needs to point all commands and switches to the exact mp3 file, or any audio file as I understand.

Btw. this is link style I think would be much better here on forum, especially in long threads with many links in replays like GUI changes thread couple of months ago.

Instead of this look-like-plain-text style

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/36074224/how-to-split-video-or-audio-by-silent-parts

this looks much easier to be spotted as a link

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/36074224/how-to-split-video-or-audio-by-silent-parts

mcd78

I see that linked to a page where they split up one file into multiple, but I am looking to go the other way.  How would I do that with the script?

Thanks

StefanIvanovic

https://1drv.ms/u/s!As4tFaH_ymIFkM5aVBs6-Ve4GXOwUQ

I made this so you can download it and use it to merge manualy. Extract mergeMP3.7z somewhere where no admin rights are needed, eg. Desktop and copy your MP3 files that you want to merge in MP3s folder and than double-clik mergeMP3.bat file. It will merge these MP3 files into one and put it in the folder Merge_MP3. Simple as that. :)

Maybe you will have to right click on bat file and unblock it. If you want to see what is in bat file just drag it into Notepad.

As for MB integration. I don't how to do this, but it is not impossible. Even with Sent To context menu from UI. There is a problem of how to copy files slected in Musicbee to desired folder. The .bat script sholuld look like this

mkdir %TEMP%\TEMP_MP3merge
copy slected_files %TEMP%\TEMP_MP3merge
copy /b %TEMP%TEMP_MP3merge\*.mp3 %~dp0\new-merged-MP3.mp3
rmdir %TEMP%\TEMP_MP3merge
explorer .

mkdir %TEMP%\TEMP_MP3merge

this will create temporary folder in C:\Users\"Username_Here"\Appdata\Local\TEMP

copy slected_files %TEMP%\TEMP_MP3merge

this should copy selected_files to that folder, but that is tricky part, maybe psychoadept or Steven can help here, I have no idea how that could be done

copy /b %TEMP%TEMP_MP3merge\*.mp3 %~dp0\new-merged-MP3.mp3

this will merge your MP3 files into single file

rmdir %TEMP%\TEMP_MP3merge

this removes %TEMP%\TEMP_MP3merge with mp3s copied

explorer .

this opens folder where merged file is, in this case it is same folder where .bat would be

To intefrate it i UI open Preferences>Tools and add name of command like I made it Merge MP3 and set path to this .bat file and it will appear under Send To context menu

redwing

mp3DirectCut supports not only splitting but joining mp3 files as well.

Go to File> Batch processing> join to file

Open a folder and drag and drop files to a desired order, then click on start.

StefanIvanovic

I made some kind of working model for integration in UI under context menu Send to. In application path should be

C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe

and as a parameter there should be

/c mkdir %TEMP%\MP3\ & copy "<URL>" %TEMP%\MP3\ & copy /b %TEMP%\MP3\*.mp3 %userprofile%\desktop\new-merged-MP3.mp3 & rmdir %TEMP%\MP3\ /s /q

But this is not working properly, every URL (file path) is passed and rest of commands goes all to the end an restart for each file, which means that folders and files are deleted each time, so it couldn't be used. "<URLs>" is the way to go, but there is problem that I do not know how "<URLs>" (file paths) are passed to external apps.

Is it file1.mp3 file2.mp3 file3.mp3 etc or is it something else entirely? I ask this because it will work if this was the way "<URLs>" are passed to cmd. I even tried with

/k mkdir %TEMP%\MP3\ & for %I in ("<URLs>") do copy %I %TEMP%\MP3\ & copy /b %TEMP%\MP3\*.mp3 %userprofile%\desktop\new-merged-MP3.mp3 & rmdir %TEMP%\MP3\ /s /q

but this is not working either, error says "<URLs>" not expected. If "<URLs>" paths are passed as file1.mp3 file2.mp3 file3.mp3 that part would look like this

for %I in (file1.mp3 file2.mp3 file3.mp3) do copy %I %TEMP%\MP3\

and that works, I tried it manually. So, any ideas, anyone? How to turn this almost working into working?

Last Edit: July 29, 2016, 12:54:06 PM by StefanIvanovic