Author Topic: My music is not added when I scan for files.  (Read 2762 times)

theoswald

Since I updated to version 3 I can't add my music to the library. It only add a part of my files... I can't drag and drop the folders even.
The only way is adding the files manually (with no folders) and since my library is really large I can't do that.
I know you will keep updating, hope this is just a temporary problem.

Thanks.

Steven

• Administrator
the only issue i am aware of was a couple of people had auto-sweep enabled in the library preferences and the path used was invalid.
I suggest you check the error log (help/ support/ view error log) for any errors at the time when attempt the scan

theoswald

It is very strange. Could be anything to do with windows 10 rights of access or something?

the log only says: 06/06/2016 20:51:37 - Unable to scan folder 'C:\Users\Miguel\Music\'

but part of the music was added.

When I say to look for new files, it says that some files are missing and mark them with a (!) on the library, but when I clic play, it play them. So the files are there...

Steven

• Administrator
i have an idea whats probably going on. Could you run this version and in the error log it will have an extra lines that describes the error better

http://www.mediafire.com/download/g8fgym7739apnyq/MusicBee.zip
unzip into the folder MB is installed

theoswald

I went back to a 2.5 version and add all my music again, everything fine except when I tried to add some music dragging the files to INBOX (Bandeja de Entrada), I can't do it anymore, It worked just before I made the update to version 3.

I will try now with this version you say and will tell you what the log says :)

(thanks in advance for the support, I really tried more music players, a lot, but no one is better than MusicBee)

theoswald

Well, this is what the log, entirely says:
(remember I use the exe you sent in a 2.5 instalation... probably it won't work as you wanted, tell me if I must install version 3 and try this again)

06/06/2016 21:40:33 - Unable to scan folder 'C:\Users\Miguel\Music\'

09/06/2016 13:35:30 - 10.0.10586.0 - 3.0.6001.37050 - System.TypeInitializationException: Se produjo una excepción en el inicializador de tipo de '#=qfyzAQnce$5rChxXPMzNRxr$RkGePI0cCNw9mWRSP6Pw='. ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: No se pudo encontrar el archivo 'C:\Users\Miguel\Downloads\MusicBee\Configuration.xml'.
   en System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   en System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
   en System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options)
   en #=qfyzAQnce$5rChxXPMzNRxr$RkGePI0cCNw9mWRSP6Pw=..cctor()
   --- Fin del seguimiento de la pila de la excepción interna ---
   en #=qfyzAQnce$5rChxXPMzNRxr$RkGePI0cCNw9mWRSP6Pw=.#=qQU_k8QhAjj2skMY5OVq3LQ==()
   en #=quFak$JVNnbqvdvC8TxPBHqbHaOg93sVK$GJ4wsXKkFg=.#=qfbuwS1Yf1R0WH_pq$LQQVw==(#=qM2OA_T$PTF0zuM5_yoXZcgxKDR7lIgzYaazGdT0CMxk= #=qxazrOTZVn8GxFbwqTs3HdA==)
   en MusicBee.MusicBeeApplication.#=qwEy4QqghD8vciZC2VXw6TA==(String[] #=qwXbhYSLEivoyoxmKl0ggJg==)

09/06/2016 13:36:26 - 10.0.10586.0 - 3.0.6001.37050 - System.ArgumentException: Ya se agregó un elemento con la misma clave.
   en System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentException(ExceptionResource resource)
   en System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.Insert(TKey key, TValue value, Boolean add)
   en System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.Add(TKey key, TValue value)
   en #=quFak$JVNnbqvdvC8TxPBHqbHaOg93sVK$GJ4wsXKkFg=.#=q$xFJkaYJ$qFBeJ0HG$Q2QQ==.#=qSGOi6kj28wOJ1scnCVlX$Q==(List`1 #=qGt7kCc5xnv3mpst$N33P6g==, Boolean #=q$kdyJoqtXL9WD4YT8FVfyjTynZCRdk6TWvnlFDlJZeE=, Boolean #=qxdyyaUGM4j9ljPmiGWU5OQ==, Boolean #=q_ZtY7xg2ikHLG4$P_Q_a9A==, String[] #=qSWgrx7HCgwxOybST2myiieBSq2NcYjRW_JWfJcvlinw=, Boolean #=qeBW99reL18JU1TMduGIxsmNC0_G91k1BLdYbBA5_DSQ=, Dictionary`2& #=q_fqVAlLiaPZPvz1v_8H4Ug==)

09/06/2016 13:36:26 - Unable to scan folder 'C:\Users\Miguel\Music\'

Steven

• Administrator
the first error appears to relate to some installation error
but the second one relates to the scanning issue. Do you have the same folder or a folder and a child folder both in the scan folder list?
if you arent sure what i mean by that can you post a screenshot of the scanner dialog or PM me a link to your settings file (help/ support/ view settings)

theoswald

I sent you a PM with that, let me know if you receive it.
I have my music folder, inside the windows music folder, c:\Users\...\Music\Music\ but I tried to move the files to the parent directory, I even moved the files to C:\Music\ and always the same. Strange is that part of the files appear and some other don't. Version 2.5 find them all, but version 3 doesnt (I repeat with both versions and happened again)

Steven

• Administrator
this should address the error.
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V3_0/MusicBee3_Patched.zip

Unzip and replace the musicbee application files where MB is installed

theoswald

And finally the problem is solved. You are genius!
I really appreciate your support and generosity. I hope this was helpful for more people too.