Author Topic: Bugs/problems found during wiki editing  (Read 16300 times)

Steven

• Administrator
i am not able to reproduce this. I guess somehow the picture size is set to 0, but i would need your settings file to confirm and then put in handling for that
edit:
i am fairly sure thats the issue. No need to send me your settings but could you confirm
<FormNowPlayingSidebarArtwork2Height> is set to 0 in the file
Last Edit: May 10, 2016, 09:43:23 AM by Steven

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Strange, I can reproduce it with a brand new settings file.  The artwork starts at 438, but yes, once I set that particular configuration it goes to 0.
Last Edit: May 10, 2016, 03:13:33 PM by psychoadept
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Steven

• Administrator
i've addressed this in the next patch file but it wont be in the v3 final release

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
There's the "read more" option for artist bios in Recommendations, which pops up a nice a box with the full text of the bio.  Except there's no way to scroll or move the pop-up if it doesn't all fit on the monitor.  (If I use the mouse wheel, it scrolls the page in the main window, not the pop-up.)
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Some problems with "Floating Window" functionality:

*Elements in the floating window can't be configured in Layout preferences.  If you click "Panel Settings" from the Panels Configuration window, you go to layout but you can't see the element's settings.

*Sidebar player ignores all settings

*Details panel ignores artwork settings (if this is intentional, it should be stated in the settings)

*Rating updates are entered but not shown in the panel.

*Artist link works but underline not shown.  Album link doesn't work.

*When panels are tabbed, Playing/Selected button will switch once for each panel, but the label doesn't change and after that it is stuck.  It will switch again if you move focus away and back, but the label still doesn't change.  The label will update if you switch tabs.

*Graphical glitch caused on the right end of player and header bars when making the panel smaller (going bigger fixes it).

MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
...and a few for the Now Playing bar (Track Info view):

*Artist and Album links aren't working

*Artist picture can't be enlarged by double clicking

*Rating can't be edited in the panel (as mentioned here: http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=12648.msg111057#msg111057)

*Layout can't be changed (in this case I'm sure it's intentional, but maybe give the user some warning so they don't change a setting that will affect a different panel)
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

Steven

• Administrator
*Details panel ignores artwork settings (if this is intentional, it should be stated in the settings)
its intentional so i guess it needs to be communicated in some way

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
its intentional so i guess it needs to be communicated in some way

It seems like the easiest solution from a user standpoint would be to disable those settings for floating window and now playing panel.  I don't know how well that would work from your end, though

Added: I still think some kind of notice in the settings window that it affects not just the sidebar but also the now playing panel would be helpful to keep users from accidentally screwing up settings they wanted to keep.  Or just have separate settings...
Last Edit: May 12, 2016, 10:03:34 AM by psychoadept
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Another thing that probably needs some user notification: If you try to put the main menu in the caption bar (from Preferences or Panels Configuration) while the tabs are already in the caption bar, nothing happens.  Going the other way (menu in caption bar, trying to put tabs in caption bar) you at least get the message that you need to have the menu in a button (although that's not accurate, either, as you CAN still put the menu below the caption bar).
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Adding mappings to the Auto-Organize settings progressively cuts off the buttons and options at the bottom of the window: http://i.imgur.com/ganKxtf.gifv

MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Confirmed, fixed!
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
For the "auto-sweep rules" settings, why is there not a default path and template entered like there is for organize files or auto-organize?

Also, when I click in the template box or try to close the Auto-Sweep window without entering anything, I get this message: "You need to enter a path or untick "to folder" if you want to rename files only."  But there is no way to untick "to folder" in this window, so the message doesn't quite make sense.

Edit: And why doesn't auto-sweep offer the setting to move non-media files?
Last Edit: May 30, 2016, 05:21:44 AM by psychoadept
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

Steven

• Administrator
i have changed the auto-sweep to put in a default value. I wont change the message for v3.0 because of translation (its shared with another error condition thats why the second part of it is not clear) but with a default value users shouldnt see it now.
Move non-media file support would need to be on the wishlist - its just not something that anyone has asked for as yet

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
These drop menus are way too narrow.  125% scaling.

Last Edit: June 04, 2016, 02:53:21 AM by psychoadept
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)