Author Topic: MusicBee_Setup_3_0 - Virus detected  (Read 4178 times)

basshead

Apparently I can not download the new MusicBee 3.0 beta, because I get the failed - Virus detected error in my browser..
Windows defender is removing it..

redwing

What's the link? Where are you downloading it from?

basshead

Form this forum obviously, and from both links I'm getting the same error.

redwing

I just tried with IE, and got smart screen filter warning for the first link, but none for the second.
I'm sure it's false alarm, but you can try other tools or sites to check the linked file.
To download it, you could try another browser, or here is how to turn off the filter.
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/smartscreen-filter-frequently-asked-questions-ie9

basshead

SmartScreen Filter was already off, but this is not an IE issue, since I'm not even using IE. I am using Comodo versions of Chorme/Firefox, Comodo Dragond and Comodo IceDragon, and with both I am getting the same virus warning error.. then windows defender deletes the file...

I think its more a windows defender thing.. I dunno but Windows 10 acted really strange today after an update, got multiple messages from it changing my default programs to use again the Microsoft apps.. again... #$%^&* Microsoft... so I don't know if its because of this update or not.. but it is definitely a Windows 10/Windows defender thing..

Edit: OK, for some reason it worked with Microsoft Edge.. I haven't tried with IE.. so I guess in a way for me this problem was solved..
Last Edit: February 12, 2016, 12:30:09 AM by basshead

redwing

I'm running up-to-date Windows 10 & Defender too, but no such thing happened. When it's acting strange, you could turn off defender too.
Anyway glad you got it sorted.

basshead

I just opened Windows Defender out of curiosity... Hope it's a false positive :D

Edit: OK, tho my Windows was up-to-date, Windows Defender wasn't... did the update, now I can normally download everything... sorry for the confusion.

Last Edit: February 12, 2016, 01:01:06 AM by basshead

redwing

Windows 10 acted really strange today after an update, got multiple messages from it changing my default programs to use again the Microsoft apps.. again...

Yeah, looks like this is happening to everyone. It constantly resets default apps if it's any third-party app including MB. Hopefully they will fix this new bug soon.