Author Topic: [MB 3] Radio Station Export/Import not complete/correct  (Read 3467 times)

SoftwareSamurai

After spending a lot of time and effort to tidy up all of the data for all of my Radio Station entries, I wanted to sync the list to another PC. I was surprised when I discovered that I had lost a lot of information when I imported the list, and that's when I noticed that the xml file that's created when I export the radio station list isn't complete, and has missing and mislabeled fields.

When exporting:
* In the xml, the field labeled "category" is actually the genre. It also contains the format, bitrate, and the scrobble to Last.fm flag.
* The actual "category" data isn't exported at all.
* The "home page" data isn't exported.
* The "stream uses ascii encoding" flag isn't exported.
* The "automatically open the home page when station is playing" flag isn't exported.
* The picture associated with the radio station doesn't appear to be exported.
* The rating for the radio station is not exported.

When importing:
* The "category" field is parsed as [genre/format/bitrate/scrobble tracks to Last.fm flag] for the station, and the "Category" data is defaulted to "6".

SoftwareSamurai

Hi Steven,

Now that MB3 is out, may I humbly request sorting out these Radio Station Export/Import issues? I would really love to be able to quickly sync my station list between my home and work PCs.

Many thanks!

Steven

• Administrator
i have put in handling in v3.1 for the missing fields, except for artwork which wont be supported

SoftwareSamurai

i have put in handling in v3.1 for the missing fields, except for artwork which wont be supported
Fantastic! Thank you Steven!