Author Topic: Add-on Manager  (Read 75892 times)

boroda

New version released:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/50kzd0rbxdrcpdb/mb_AddonManager_2015-09-03.zip

• Some bugfixes
  • Some optimizatons
  • Source code cleanup
NOTE:
Application icons (unlike toolbar icons) are searched by MusicBee in 'MusicBee\Skins' folder by default, but plugin installs ALL icons to 'MusicBee\Icons' folder. This is not a problem actually, because you can select application icon not from default folder only.

boroda

boroda

@Bee-leiver
I think the Add-on Manager is useless for skins if it doesn't conform to the folder structure already in place, especially when you have loaded skins that are included in the installation of MusicBee.
actually such skins must be removed from online repositories, it was not intended. could you enumerate them?

Mephisto

Hi,
I'm having this error:

MusicBee v2.5.5721.12459 (Win6.1), 3 sept. 2015 19:56:

System.UnauthorizedAccessException:  Access to the path 'C:\Program Files (x86)\MusicBee\Plugins\[email protected]' is denied.
   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
   at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
   at StorageApi.StoredResponse.Save()
   at StorageApi.GoogleDrive..ctor(String clientId, String clientSecret, String dataFolder, String dataFileName)
   at MusicBeePlugin.MainWindow.MainWindow_Shown(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnShown(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.CallShownEvent()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbackDo(ThreadMethodEntry tme)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbackHelper(Object obj)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallback(ThreadMethodEntry tme)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbacks()

boroda

for now check if you have read access to file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\MusicBee\Plugins\[email protected]'. if you do, then give full access to this file (temporary). but i anyway will test plugin with non-portable mb on weekend.

Mephisto

It worked, thanks!
Although I am on admin session, it uses the regular user authorisations.
I gave the file total access for the first launch, and it worked. After that, I came back to default authorisations, and it seems to work too (I was able to install a plugin).
Last Edit: September 04, 2015, 08:24:58 AM by Mephisto

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8849 P
@Bee-leiver
I think the Add-on Manager is useless for skins if it doesn't conform to the folder structure already in place, especially when you have loaded skins that are included in the installation of MusicBee.
actually such skins must be removed from online repositories, it was not intended. could you enumerate them?

These are the skins included in the current 2.5 release:

Blue

Dark

Multi-Color

Neutral

you also have the skin sets
Dark-Fine Tuned by redwing
Dark-Metro Series by Endeavour1934
Pastels by redwing
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

boroda

@Bee-leiver
thank you for finding skin duplicates. i also have found some duplicates.

@all
i've removed 'default' skins (which are included to mb 2.5 installation package) from my repository. they had been uploaded accidentally.

Mephisto

Just a suggestion, but it could be useful to have a "cancel" button when the plugin is retrieving data, since it can be quite long, and the musicbee window is blocked during that time.
Last Edit: September 06, 2015, 09:27:57 AM by Mephisto

boroda

i really don't want to use background thread for access to inet. this always causes much problems. instead i've added prepared cache to plugin package, so 1st run of plugin should be as fast as subsequent runs of plugin.

maybe i'll add multitheading later.

boroda

i really don't want to use background thread for access to inet. this always causes much problems.
i've changed my mind. now retrieving metadata from Internet may be canceled. but canceling may take some time (downloading of metadata of current customization must be completed):
http://www.mediafire.com/download/t9r1mjq8tfaqj96/mb_AddonManager_2015-09-07.zip

Bee-liever

I know you have done a lot of work on this to make it faster using Google Drive, but have you considered using Microsoft OneDrive?

With the release of Windows 10, changes have been made to the API to make it easier and faster to access data stored on OneDrive.

Microsoft have also stated they will continue to streamline the API calls for data checking as they want to make it as easy as possible for developers to store their apps data there.

boroda

i'll try to investigate this, but onedrive api probably significantly differs from google drive one. if this is so then i don't want to rewrite plugin without guarantee that speed will be noticeably improved.

Bee-liever

i'll try to investigate this

OK. Will wait patiently to hear the result.  :)