Author Topic: GUI changes for v3.0  (Read 1228807 times)

Alumni

- the artist grouping is now remembered when re-opening the artist artwork layout

I'm glad to see this added, but I'm not able to get it working at the moment.
When I switch back to artist view it still displays the default, forgetting my selection.
I'll send you my settings file in case you need it.
Last Edit: December 15, 2015, 05:39:56 AM by Alumni

Steven

• Administrator
When I switch back to artist view it still displays the default, forgetting my selection.
how do you switch back to the artist view?

Alumni

how do you switch back to the artist view?

Using the main panel header bar drop down menu (tracks/albums and tracks/album covers/artists).

Steven

• Administrator
edit:
the setting is only remembered on a per-tab basis. So did you open the layout in the same tab?
Last Edit: December 15, 2015, 07:55:25 AM by Steven

Alumni

edit:
the setting is only remembered on a per-tab basis. So did you open the layout in the same tab?

Yeah, I tested it in the same tab.

Edit: Actually I just tried it again, and I noticed that switching from 'tracks' to 'artists' does remember the selection, but anytime I switch from 'album covers' to 'artists' it forgets the selection.
Last Edit: December 15, 2015, 08:55:02 AM by Alumni

9ido

Small cosmetic glitch in the search box. The bottom pixels of the text are chopped off. I typed a 'g' and it looked almost like a 'q'. I think it's just one pixel that gets chopped of.
Search box is in caption bar, font Segoe UI 9pt. The text looks a bit skewed down, just a bit too much below the middle, there's too much space above the text. I think two pixels up would probably look balanced.
Do you need an image?

9ido

I'm curious about the performance while scanning folders for new files. V3 felt extremely slow compared to 2.5 in my tests, there's also an idle at the end of the scanning process. Tested with more than 70,000 files / 316 GB.

In my experience, it's the opposite! When I did a refresh on my 'recently added' smart playlist there used to be a lag where MB got unresponsive, that seems gone now. :) But that might have something to do with smart playlists instead.
I use monitored folders.

Blackened

http://www.mediafire.com/download/yg2iu46j3binune/MusicBeeDemo.zip

unzip into the musicbee application folder and run MusicBee3.exe

- fixes for the above
- for the "Play Now" actions, i have added one more setting so that only the clicked album plays in the artwork layout but all tracks are played everywhere else
- the playing tracks list opened from the mini-player should now adapt better to the position of the mini-player in the screen
- the mini player can now be docked to the top/ bottom window using the album cover layout

@Blackened, i put in handling for the error but i dont know why it happens so i wont be surprised if some other glitch happens. Let me know how it goes
@Underneath, for the Auto-tag by track dialog window cutting text off, I can reproduce the exactly the same on a high dpi screen (>96 dpi) so hopefully it will also fix your issue

Sadly I'm still having the Big X problem, I think the first one was transferring one file, when it comes to multiple, old behavior.

Alumni

I just came across a potential issue - from my testing it doesn't seem like the scaling algorithm is refreshing the album artwork cache.
As you can see in this screenshot, the album cover in the expanded menu is noticeably sharper than the same one in the main panel.

h0m3r

since the last update I have a new bug ;)
"when an album picture is double clicked"
at each MB restart is "play album" clicked.
but i want the "show album contents"

darkred

I've noticed these issues in the last version:

1. when you do a search (via the searchbox)
and then you doubleclick any row(result entry), e.g. 'All (10 items)' inside the 'Title' column (provided that you have enabled 'Column Browser')
then it does nothing (in v2.5 it would add the the matching tracks to the playlist)
And, if you rightclick on such entry|'Play Now' then it adds in the playlist the whole albums - not the matching tracks only.

2. there's corruption (3 thin horizontal lines) as I scroll down the files panel:

(I have win10 x64 and resolution 1920x1200, using nVidia VGA with driver 359.06)
Last Edit: December 16, 2015, 07:33:58 PM by darkred

Steven

• Administrator
I just came across a potential issue - from my testing it doesn't seem like the scaling algorithm is refreshing the album artwork cache.
As you can see in this screenshot, the album cover in the expanded menu is noticeably sharper than the same one in the main panel.
the cover pictures in the main panel are sourced from cached images that are scaled down to a size just larger than the display size. The picture in the expanded panel is sourced from a cached copy of the original picture. So there is potentially some small difference. But are you saying you updated the source cover picture and it didnt relect the higher quality image in the main panel thumbnails or just making a general comment?

Alumni

the cover pictures in the main panel are sourced from cached images that are scaled down to a size just larger than the display size. The picture in the expanded panel is sourced from a cached copy of the original picture. So there is potentially some small difference. But are you saying you updated the source cover picture and it didnt relect the higher quality image in the main panel thumbnails or just making a general comment?

I could be mistaken, but I got the impression that the thumbnails are not being updated to reflect the 100% scale setting.

Steven

• Administrator
I could be mistaken, but I got the impression that the thumbnails are not being updated to reflect the 100% scale setting.
i am not sure i know what you mean by "the 100% scale setting". Are you saying you have the "picture size:" scaler in the Albums v or Artists v dropdown set to maximum?

Steven

• Administrator
2. there's corruption (3 thin horizontal lines) as I scroll down the files panel:
i cant reproduce this. Which skin are you using and could you try with the MusicBee3 skin? Also how do you action the scroll (eg. mouse wheel, drag of the scroll slider)
and does scrolling fast or slow make any difference (especially the slow scroll, click on the top/bottom scroll button)
lastly, scroll direction might be relevant as well - does it happen both up and down?
Last Edit: December 16, 2015, 08:01:58 PM by Steven